What's new

Sub Ohm Vaperz Cloud VCMT2 30mm RTA

shnazzle

Postman
Noticed there wasn't a review of this tank so thought I'd put my 2 peneth in.

Not going to bother with too many pics as we all have Google.

First impressions on opening;
Very minimal. A small box with the assembled dual coil 30mm tank and straight glass, a hard plastic bubble tank, some spare o-rings and grub screws and a TPD insert for the bubble glass which was duly discarded.

No cards, no manual, nothing. Here's yo tank, vape boi!

Disassembling;
Twisted the top ring off and snapped the top o-ring. Nothing I could have done about that. They could do with a bit of lubricant to make sure this doesn't happen after sitting on the shelf for ages.

The drip tip (standard goon fitting 810) came off easily enough and fits snug.

The juice filling kidneys are exposed by unscrewing the top of the top ring. The threads felt like they were cutting a bit. Certainly not as smooth as say the Geekvape Zeus.

Under this sits the chimney which slots into place via two slider pins on each side. This was incredibly tight so took some doing.

The deck is a full stainless one with two posts with a deep wicking well. I looked down one of the two massive airflow tunnels and noticed some burrs left from the milling. So had to clean those off.

The chimney screws onto the top ring to clamp the glass between the deck and the top ring.

The airflow adjustment ring sits under the deck and it spins around, so it doesn't have a lock. This means that with all the parts that needs screwing in and clicking in, there's nothing to "grab".

Building the deck is very easy with the two posts. I put two claptons coming in at 0.3ohm legs needs to be relatively long on 6 wraps to reach the posts. Perhaps a 2.5mm ID coil with more wraps might be better.

Wicking is tricky in the sense that it actually requires a bit more cotton than you'd expect as the wicking wells are massive and you really need to make sure they're plugged.
Other than that, no weird angles or anything, just straight down.

Filled her up by unscrewing the top cap (the filler ring won't come undone and as said, nothing to grab onto to force it). So when it's empty I'll need to lube the threads a bit so it doesn't get stuck again.

I left the vape to do something else and came back to one leaky mess. I obviously failed to sufficiently plug the wicking wells. Easy sorted.

Vape;
The airflow. Sweet jebus the airflow. I swung the airflow fully open (swung, not gracefully slide as its so loose) and it's just like the device isn't there. So much air.
I closed it to about 20%. Still more airflow than you'd ever need. But a very light vape.
This one is definitely for the airy DTL lovers.
It's also noisy as hell.
Here's a clip with my phone held at arms length

Flavour is very good indeed. Not quite the sweet notes from my Dinner Lady Summer Holidays Flip Flop Lychee as I get from my Zeus RTA or Drop Dead RDA.

Look;
It's massive. What do you expect. But it sits flush with the body of my Aegis Legend so looks great. It's a very industrial looking tank. Quite attractive.

IMG_20181122_151910.jpeg

IMG_20181122_193140.jpeg

Last edited:
Addendum

Top tip 1: put a tiny wad cotton in between the coils, straight down the middle of the drip tip. Because of the very hefty wells on the 30mm, this has stopped any leaking.
IMG_20181123_201015.jpeg

Top tip 2: because of the sheer amount of air and space between posts, and therefore size of coils, it needs quite a bit of oomph to get going well. Either ramp up the power or build a low-resistance coil for this puppy. 0.3ohm seems to work best at about 120w (6.13v)

The spitting from the air control holes is rife, but not a problem really.
IMG_20181123_200921.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom