What's new

Digital scales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg mixing 500ml with syringes hahahaha, got this mental image of filling a 500ml bottle with a 10ml syringe!

Only mixed once or twice by mls and it is what can officially be termed a ball-ache. You'll be kicking yourself for not moving to scales sooner!

Ha ha especially as I’ve only a 1ml syringe.....

Amazon linky

This is the style I have, you might find them cheaper elsewhere.

Down to 0.01g which is useful for 5ml testers for Inawera or Flavour art. Just bear in mind they won't "kick in" at very low weighs until about 0.06g , for example, on mine, if I want to add 0.02g (of WS23 say) it won't register, so i add a larger ingredient first then count up from the new weight without taring out.

Brilliant! I’ll bear that in mind as some of my mixes use inw and fa[emoji106]thanks

Lol, ironically the set I ordered only does to 0.1g but does 1 litre of liquid, but I don't do small mixes anymore and I defo don't use those super strong concentrates. I figured I'm too sloppy with my measurements to worry about 0.001g anyway!

I've seen many a post from people moving over to scales and they all say things along the same lines as "can't believe I didn't do it sooner"

I used to be very anti measuring by volume but I can definitely see the pros of it, especially for larger batches where you'll never notice the difference if you're slightly out.

I've seen many a post from people moving over to scales and they all say things along the same lines as "can't believe I didn't do it sooner"

I used to be very anti measuring by volume but I can definitely see the pros of it, especially for larger batches where you'll never notice the difference if you're slightly out.

You got me confused now mate, sounds as though you want to move to mixing with scales, but then say you were anti volume.
Weight is with scales, volume is syringes etc.

Well scales arrived this morning....why on earth didn’t I do this before??!?? Thanks to everyone for there input[emoji106][emoji106]

Well, two pounds in a month isn't that much, actually. I mean, that's even less than one single kilogram. But ok, gaining one pound every ten days, that's terrible. You have to change something because that's not ok. During the first year of the pandemic, I gained more than 20 pounds, which was terrible. I felt like a freaking whale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom