What's new

Mooch's fake Samsung 25r alert

Oh no I’ve seen things on Facebook about ecigs batterys blowing up and have just got two of these batterys is there a way to check without taking the wrap off ?

Seeing stuff like this always scares me

where did you buy them?

Shop in Lancaster called Ministry of Vapes,

I'm sure they'll be fine ... if you'd said a Chinese ebay seller I might be more worried. A good shop isn't going to source it's cells from unreliable places, it could close them down.

I'm sure they'll be fine ... if you'd said a Chinese ebay seller I might be more worried. A good shop isn't going to source it's cells from unreliable places, it could close them down.

Ha ha that’s very true and I’ve never had any issues with the shop at all, I think I just start getting worried when I see all this stuff and pictures of vapes blowing up etc,

Ha ha that’s very true and I’ve never had any issues with the shop at all, I think I just start getting worried when I see all this stuff and pictures of vapes blowing up etc,

Honestly try not to worry, most fakes are just a cheaper cell made to look like a more expensive or harder to find one, the chances of having something really dangerous is pretty low, especially in a regulated mod.

Mooch is showing us where to look, specific areas on the cell, to tell whether it's a clone or not. The work he does *free of charge and pays him nothing* is very helpful to us mechanical users especially. It's not a how-to for cloners, anyone who rewraps (myself) isn't cloning. Selling something as something else just by changing the appearance isn't right, he's just helping us not get screwed.[/QUOTE]

Just a quick heads up. Mooch is getting some income from testing batteries. He has a Patreon account and we can all support the work he does by giving a regular, small, donation towards this fine fellow continuing his important work. Keeping Vapers safer!
The minimum donation is 1 just over £1 a month and several battery vendors donate quite a bit more.
It doesn't pay him full tie or anything, but it covers expenses. I chip in a bit every month and would encourage Vapers who can afford £1/month to give it a go. I just see it as part of my yearly Vape Budget, and I get several e-mails a month which are very interesting and informative for Battery testing and the like. It also gives me up to date info on re-wraps and which batteries to avoid.

Back
Top Bottom