What's new

Review Teslacigs Invader IV Kit

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Alright guys. We are back with a hardware review.

This kit was sent out for the purpose of this review. So a big thanks to Ella @Sourcemore for the chance of reviewing this kit. All the opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So I bring to you

Teslacigs Invader IV Kit

20181106_174259.jpg

So we will start with the kit contents first, then have a look at the mod and rda

Kit contents

Invader IV mod
Invader IV rda
Pair of coils
Some cotton
18650 battery adaptors
Bag of spares
Usb cable
And all the bits of paper no one looks at.

This is a dual battery variable voltage mod. It can take 18650, 20700 and 21700 batteries. With it being a variable voltage mod there isn't any menu systems just a simple dial you turn to change your voltage. Also there is no screen just an led light to indicate battery levels. It does have some built in safety. 10 second cut off, reverse connection protection, low voltage, atty short protection, overheat and over current protection as well.

Output voltage is 3-8v
Resistance range is 0.08-3.0ohm.

I have forgot how much I like the simplicity of these mods. Just turn the dial to find your desired voltage and puff away. So it has been a hoot to use. The back plate pulls off so you can insert the batteries. There is absolutely no rattle at all.

20181106_174317.jpg

Invader IV rda

This is a dual post rda. And each post has multiple holes so it doesn't matter which way you wrap your coils. You will find a post hole for them to fit into. This has airflow similar to the dead rabbit but instead of it being forced down like on the dead rabbit. The airflow on this is low down being forced up. With the coils supplied the flavour has been bang on for me. It also has quite a deep juice well so I haven't had any problem over dripping.

20181106_174406.jpg

So let's move on to the pros and cons

Pros

Super simple to use
Build in safety
Great flavour and cloud production

Cons

Well there isn't much to say here.

I'm not to keen on the colour. I got the orange one and it's a bit in your face. But it does come in other colour options.

20181106_174338.jpg

Here is the link if you want to check it out yourself.

Currently priced at $56.90 for the kit or $50.50 for mod only.

https://www.sourcemore.com/tesla-invader-iv-280w-starter-kit-orange.html

Very, very nice indeed, thanks for the review, the Invader III is bulletproof, amazing things. What's the button like on the IV, positive feel in use? The usb is I assume for emergency charging - away from home, something like that. I've not seen the kit on any UK sites, just the mod.

Had the kit for a while now, the mod is as expected, superb, esp. with 21700's. Just hope the fire button doesn't give up, like the Invader III can, albeit after a couple of years, solid everyday use though. The unexpected star of the show, it's the rda, thought it would be crap. Slightly weird airflow, slotted (which I usually dislike), sort of 90 degree angle, up to the back of the coils, somewhat restricted inhale, brilliant flavour. Tesla should name the rda and do a standalone release.

Edit; the rda is called the Invader IV rda, bit obvious really :54:

Back
Top Bottom