What's new

"JUUL Exhales After Dodging Full Ban On Flavored E-Cigs"

"new rules intended to reverse the epidemic of e-cigarette use among youth"

The epidemic!!! what a crock of shit.

"new rules intended to reverse the epidemic of e-cigarette use among youth"

The epidemic!!! what a crock of shit.

If the US headline figures are to be believed, then epidemic isn't far off tbh.

20% is a very high number...

But, it's the same number as when they ask about weed, so I'm doubting just how representative these figures actually are.

For some reason, the UK figures are much much lower and also show a lower repeat/regular use rate.

Instead, retailers will display JUUL products where kids under 18 years old won't be able to see them, so they say.

They do that here for tobacco, no displays any more, but cabinets with solid doors behind the counter.

It's really not very challenging at all...

If the US headline figures are to be believed

Yes I'm sure they're based on 100% factual information thats not full of weasel words with the pure intent to get views for ad revenue.

Yes I'm sure they're based on 100% factual information thats not full of weasel words with the pure intent to get views for ad revenue.

They're based on numbers directly lifted from official reports (or as official as it seems to get anyway), so it's not really a case of the media misrepresenting anything.

Thing is, these studies are all about "% of those interviewed" and that's where they always fall flat for me.

Interviewed where? Your results are going to be different if you ask a load of high schoolers outside a club in LA on a Friday night compared to a load of high schoolers in class, on a Tuesday morning, in rural Alabama...

You can't extrapolate for the country based on either set of results - but that's what has been done every single time.

The other problem is amalgamating (if only, pick the worst of each bunch more like) the answers from multiple surveys in multiple locations with multiple sets of respondents.

Back
Top Bottom