What's new

Review Pugsley's Jack of All Vapes Review of the Wotofo Faris RDTA/RDA

Steampugs

Vendor
Versatile, Practical, Multifaceted, Flavourful, Multifunctional, Adaptable and Downright Fucking Legendary.....These are all words that my future wife uses on a daily basis when describing yours truly, to anyone bored enough to listen....

2p1OCfK.gif

Which to be honest is most people the way she goes on with herself....however...two of those words in particular are also quite apt for what we are going to be looking at today...and those words are versatile and multifunctional.....and probably adaptable.....and I guess practical to a degree.....and you could even view it as multifaceted....and I suppose the flavour’s not bad either....(sigh).....It's pretty much all of those words....and I probably should have thought about this intro before I started writing it....so I guess what I'm saying, is this device is a lot like me - except not nearly as legendericle...

RG4tb8U.gif

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Welcome once more my cloudy little fluff bums. I trust I find you all in good fettle.....no...I don't, I don't know what fettle means either, but who cares? Because today I am a fettling maniac....let’s hope it means something good, and what is it that I am fettling with today?....Well....if its name is anything to go by, then what we have here is a bit of warrior, something that is well versed in the art of combat, weilding a sword, firing an arrow, riding a horse, hand to hand slapsys and jedi level sarcasm....because that's what a 'Faris' is...of course, none of that is actually true...because it's an inanimate object and that would be indeed....weird...However, something carrying the label of Faris....would determine that whatever this thing is, you'll bet your cock and balls that 'versatility'....is it's middle name...along with Kevin....probs.....(?) SO WHAT IS IT?...Well...it's an RDA, it's an RDTA, it's a squonkable RDTA....and a squonkable RDA....it's the Wotofo Faris RDTA/RDA.

QD7VCjT.jpg

I can picture you all now looking on with a furrowed brow and probably saying to yourselves....'Is that it?' ....but bear with, because I can tell you 2 things, 1...this isn't just an RDTA, and 2....Wotofo wouldn't have gone to the trouble of doing a collaboration with another reviewer if it was just an RDTA....even though...chances are...if you're reading this...you've probably never heard of him.....there is indeed hope for me yet it would seem.

DjZAv9u.gif

The Lowdown

The Wotofo Faris RDTA is a 24mm affair that has been designed by a vape reviewer called Vape GeekQ8, and the reason many of you may not have heard of the guy is due to him being out in the Middle East...I'm guessing Kuwait (Q8) but don't quote me, and as a result all his reviews are in Arabic...I think....maybe. This isn't his first device either, I can't remember the name of it but he had an RDA out not so long ago that shares a few things with this new baby....so...he knows a few things. That being said.....when I was first offered the Faris...I have to admit, my first thought was...'An RDTA?....Really?....People still use those?'.....for me personally, with the exception of the Dejavu RDTA...I just never got along with them. It was almost as if it was a fad for a while, sure they worked, but they had some pretty annoying cons...generally...like leaking, dry hits if you caned it, small liquid capacities etc., etc., but I guess like everything else, some people will just dig em. So.....what's new here then?.....Well....options....although, technically not new as I'm sure someone like iJoy has done this before...again....I can't remember which...wow...I am just choc full of absolutely no useful information today....anyway...it does this...

ALO8unS.gif

That's right...if you don't fancy an RDTA, take off the glass, screw on the included plate, and you have an RDA, which is pretty much what I did on the first day.

n0TEhmt.jpg

However....what the iJoy thing...or...whatever it was....didn't have....I think...(seriously?)....was a squonk pin for both modes AND a postless build deck....(there's a fair chance it actually might have done....sigh...sometimes I just say....words)

qeorQpP.jpg

Not too shabby either, single or double coils, angled side adjustable airflow that comes underneath the coils and a juice hole on one side that is literally millimeters away from your cotton for all you squonkers out there....a very...very practical build deck....And for those of you that would want to keep it in RDTA mode...it even has a little fill hole with a rubber...erm....not sure what you would call it.....seal?.....grommet?.....inverted nipple?.....glory hole?......

ji7Yuyx.jpg

And this is sat between the post screws on one side (you'll notice the screws are Philips AND flathead.. (I doth tip my cap at you for this, kind Sir)...Fine point bottles will have no problem filling the 2ml tank through here, but fat unicorn bottles...not so much...be ashamed fat unicorns...

Ao2zLEl.gif

Now...being a postless deck it's a piece of piss to build on as you’d expect, and holds few surprises for even the most novice of builders...

EHxTwOl.jpg

Give the legs enough length for the air to whip up under it's nethers and you're golden.....all that's left to do at this stage is paint on a little magic....uh huh....few trees here.....little snow capped mountain there....

DW8km1W.gif

2rVamiD.jpg

As for the rest of the Faris, well the styling definitely has an Arabic influence to it, with it's turreted chamber and matching engraving around the bottom....it's all very....notchy...

iNSeT2B.jpg

The domed top cap is quite heavy but has perfect O ring tension for adjusting the side airflow

wYqRDaw.gif

and upon it's noggin is....what is now industry standard it would seem...a matching, swirly, resin 810 drip tip.

2M2Asz5.jpg

You can really gauge just how deep the juice well is on this thing by the distance between those O rings on the base...love that.

Another point worthy of noting, is the solution to a problem I didn't know I had....which is interesting.....I'm just gonna copy and paste the next bit......so lazy....

Vapor-condensate barrier inside the top cap to eliminate condensation in mouth

Vapor condensate gives a bad vaping experience and it’s a big problem for aotmizers. To eliminate condensation drawn into your mouth, the Faris provides a barrier inside the top cap to stop condensation going up along the inner wall of the atomizer, improving every puff of your vaping.

TJISo3D.jpg

I mean....it's nice that they bothered...I guess....

The Vape

Actually very pleasant, in RDA form anyway. The airflow is silky smooth, the flavour is good due to it pulling the air underneath the coils, and it gives a full bodied fluffy without getting too hot in the process...and I did punish the thing to be fair. It's nice and airy which also helps with dual coils by keeping the heat down....this thing can chuck clouds if you ask it politely.

D0sDPj3.gif

The Stats

Specifications:

RDTA Size: Φ24*44mm

RDA Size: Φ24*36mm

Materials: S.S. + Pyrex

Drip Tip: Colored resin, 810 sized

Threading: 510 thread

E-liquid Capacity: 3ml

Filling Method: Side Filling & Squonk BF Method

Airflow Type: Adjustable side airflow

Insulator Material: PEEK

Extra Accessory: 2ml Frosted PC Tank Tube

RQwgqqn.png

And of course in true Wotofo fashion you get a whole host of spares and extras...

u2YdBjC.jpg

Final Thoughts

My final thoughts on the Wotofo Faris RDTA/RDA would be.....well....to be perfectly honest I figured RDTA's had had their day, I was surprised to see Wotofo release another one, but the truth is that some vapers still really dig them, and with the Faris you are truly open to options as to what you want to do with it. It covers all bases...it really is the jack of all trades...and maybe the master of none...it's true that there are better RDA's out here, and as far as RDTA's go I still prefer my Dejavu, although...even that doesn't get much airtime these days, yet, you do get a good performing RDA, that squonks well enough if you want it to, and an RDTA that performs as well as any other RDTA I guess...and you get all this for just one price...which also in true Wotofo fashion....isn't much at all...

The Price

At time of writing Wotofo have the Faris on their own site for a measly £22.84/$29.99 in SS and £24.37/$31.99 in Black, Gunmetal, Gold & Rainbow, I really can't argue with that price at all, find that deal here...

Wotofo Faris RDTA

ZwLxaPm.jpg

All in all there's nothing really not to recommend with the Faris, it is what it is, and it's built by Wotofo who have a solid history of fine good build quality. By drawing on the experiences of people who get to test a lot of devices before designing their own...it's a winning combination, and this time considering the money you pay for this....you're getting a lot of bang for your buck....nice work Wotofo, and of course Mr Vape GeekQ8....نيك ورق ....(prob just called his cat a knob)...

As ever...if you would like to see how the Faris scored against other bits and bobs then head on over to my house at Steampugs where you will find a plethora of awesome reviews from the steam team, and before you go you might wanna have a quick peruse around the Steampugs shop where you will find more highly discounted vape gear than you can shake a shitty stick at...find that here...

Until next time...

jdQGuij.gif

Thanks Bob.....I could have done that myself.....tut.

Pugs.

The Vape

Actually very pleasant, in RDA form anyway. The airflow is silky smooth, the flavour is good due to it pulling the air underneath the coils, and it gives a full bodied fluffy without getting too hot in the process...and I did punish the thing to be fair. It's nice and airy which also helps with dual coils by keeping the heat down....this thing can chuck clouds if you ask it politely.

D0sDPj3.gif

The Stats

Specifications:

RDTA Size: Φ24*44mm

RDA Size: Φ24*36mm

Materials: S.S. + Pyrex

Drip Tip: Colored resin, 810 sized

Threading: 510 thread

E-liquid Capacity: 3ml

Filling Method: Side Filling & Squonk BF Method

Airflow Type: Adjustable side airflow

Insulator Material: PEEK

Extra Accessory: 2ml Frosted PC Tank Tube

RQwgqqn.png

And of course in true Wotofo fashion you get a whole host of spares and extras...

u2YdBjC.jpg

Final Thoughts

My final thoughts on the Wotofo Faris RDTA/RDA would be.....well....to be perfectly honest I figured RDTA's had had their day, I was surprised to see Wotofo release another one, but the truth is that some vapers still really dig them, and with the Faris you are truly open to options as to what you want to do with it. It covers all bases...it really is the jack of all trades...and maybe the master of none...it's true that there are better RDA's out here, and as far as RDTA's go I still prefer my Dejavu, although...even that doesn't get much airtime these days, yet, you do get a good performing RDA, that squonks well enough if you want it to, and an RDTA that performs as well as any other RDTA I guess...and you get all this for just one price...which also in true Wotofo fashion....isn't much at all...

The Price

At time of writing Wotofo have the Faris on their own site for a measly £22.84/$29.99 in SS and £24.37/$31.99 in Black, Gunmetal, Gold & Rainbow, I really can't argue with that price at all, find that deal here...

Wotofo Faris RDTA

ZwLxaPm.jpg

All in all there's nothing really not to recommend with the Faris, it is what it is, and it's built by Wotofo who have a solid history of fine good build quality. By drawing on the experiences of people who get to test a lot of devices before designing their own...it's a winning combination, and this time considering the money you pay for this....you're getting a lot of bang for your buck....nice work Wotofo, and of course Mr Vape GeekQ8....نيك ورق ....(prob just called his cat a knob)...

As ever...if you would like to see how the Faris scored against other bits and bobs then head on over to my house at Steampugs where you will find a plethora of awesome reviews from the steam team, and before you go you might wanna have a quick peruse around the Steampugs shop where you will find more highly discounted vape gear than you can shake a shitty stick at...find that here...

Until next time...

jdQGuij.gif

Thanks Bob.....I could have done that myself.....tut.

Pugs.
Great review as always pugs, puts a smile on my face evertime and like the look of this (rda) only thing to put me off is my OH used to watch that bloody painting program on Dave (Or whichever channel it was) for hours on a sat/sun morning [emoji6]

Awesome review

Ps. نيك ورق = pious page/sheet of paper ( Urdu )
عمل جيد = Good job ( Arabic )

Great review as always pugs, puts a smile on my face evertime and like the look of this (rda) only thing to put me off is my OH used to watch that bloody painting program on Dave (Or whichever channel it was) for hours on a sat/sun morning [emoji6]
Thanks Clive ;) me too, think he's a legend lol, I appreciate the comment dude, there's a giveaway coming next, keep your eye out for it ;)

Awesome review

Ps. نيك ورق = pious page/sheet of paper ( Urdu )
عمل جيد = Good job ( Arabic )
wow...my trust in google translator was misplaced...who'd of thought it lmao.....thanks for the comment ;) much appreciated :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom