What's new

TC accuracy and wire selection

Not sure why tapatalk won't let me edit my post again but I meant to also say I'm using an rx200s with the articfox firmware version 170522

Just curious.........Has anyone ever used or heard of using tungsten?

Okay....one other curiosity. Has anyone mixed metal type with success? Say, Kanthal and SS, or Nickel and Stainless. I want to make a 2 stage heating coil. The thought is that one wire would heat up much faster than the other. The idea being to decrease the heat up time in the coils. Pre-heat the juice, if you will.

Just curious.........Has anyone ever used or heard of using tungsten?

I've seen profiles for it and dicodes mods come with a tungsten profile loaded. I've never seen the wire for sale though...

Okay....one other curiosity. Has anyone mixed metal type with success? Say, Kanthal and SS, or Nickel and Stainless. I want to make a 2 stage heating coil. The thought is that one wire would heat up much faster than the other. The idea being to decrease the heat up time in the coils. Pre-heat the juice, if you will.

IIRC some people did mixed wires this in the early days of TC, when all we had was Ni200. Ni200 twisted with kanthal was used to improve durability of the coil. I've never tried it. I wouldn't attempt two separate coils of different materials though, I expect it would be very difficult to balance it such that neither coil overheated. If you want a preheat, get a mod with a preheat function - much less hassle.

Ti is currently the wire that provides the greatest TC accuracy. There are some potential issues regarding dry burning and stiffness/springyness.

SS seems to be gaining popularity, with stock SS coils for TC beginning to appear on the market. Looking at the numbers, I don't really understand why. It offers low sensitivity - comparable to Ni200 for the same build - though its high resistivity means it is the least susceptible to static resistance

Bonjour,
appreciate your initial message very much!, thanks for this.

Right now i am about to order some tc-wire from Zivipf. Wonder if you think your message iniating this thread is still valid? My budget is sort of limited these days, i like to find an alternative to Resistherm and Titanium, to work on a DNA60.

regards

i got some of that here nife48 wire to try and just wondering what csv to use
ive got it on nife 52 at themoe and its out quite a bit on the temp ie im running at 290f and getting a nice vape but way off the 420f i norm run at

i got some of that here nife48 wire to try and just wondering what csv to use
ive got it on nife 52 at themoe and its out quite a bit on the temp ie im running at 290f and getting a nice vape but way off the 420f i norm run at
Try 0.00310 for NiFe48.

No it's a tc wire. Only SS can be used in both.

That's not true for Evolv boards, their power/wattage/standard mode has always been true wattage control that does not work by measuring the resistance and then setting the voltage. All their boards have always monitored the current and adjusted the voltage throughout the vape to control the power so even a very temp sensitive wire like Ni200 will work absolutely fine in power mode.

That's not true for Evolv boards, their power/wattage/standard mode has always been true wattage control that does not work by measuring the resistance and then setting the voltage. All their boards have always monitored the current and adjusted the voltage throughout the vape to control the power so even a very temp sensitive wire like Ni200 will work absolutely fine in power mode.
Thanks for the correction. Shame it took 2 years though.;)

Back
Top Bottom