What's new

Crazy wire

Jeffo1960

Postman
Has anyone bought of the above as seen this on eBay
NI80 Nichrome 40 Gauge AWG (0.08mm) Resistance Wire- 1000ft Roll - 65.67 ohms/ft,for £4.18 free postage which seems a bit to good to be true

Unless you're making Clapton wire don't bother. 40awg is used for wraps not coils, too thin & too low resistance for anything else.

I bought some and used it for fishing line. Was ace. So thin the fish had no chance and couldn't see a thing.

I bought wire from them once. Never again. Nasty dirty stuff.

I’ve never had dirty wire from them. It’s always been clean. But i’ve seen others complain about it. Maybe a rogue employee.

I wouldn't say it was "dirty" in the sense of dirt, but I did used to order from them and was wiping machine oil off the wire on every order.

This was years ago, it's possibly changed. I've not used them since.

I've bought their prebuilt wire (spools of 2x26/26, 2x28/38) and I always find the resistance of the coils I wrap with it is off each time. Coils are wrapped really tight, so don't think that the factor, but it does make me wonder if the wire isn't always as "pure" as it could be. No problem with cleanliness, but it has made me want to shop around for wire to start building coils myself (rather than just wrapping them). Grabbed some wire for practicing from there, but I'm more tempted to buy from Juice Junkie next time as I've bought some pre-made coils that used their wire and they were spot on where they should be resistance wise and have had great longevity. Only problem is that popular wire gauges are often out of stock. Still yet to check out Stealth Vape.

Back
Top Bottom