What's new

Mesh Coils vs Regular Coil

I mentioned the tanks specifically in your other thread but a simple explanation of mesh coils.

the idea behind them means you get a much quicker heat up time compared to standard coils and with the mesh it gives a much more strong flavour due to more cotton being vaporised at the same time.

In short they are a massive improvement on standard coils but depending on the brand you still get a different experience.[/QUO
Yeah I heard that mesh coils are much better, but this is my first time trying one and the im just not getting good hits from it and the flavours are a little muted. But I will be trying the dual mesh in a few days and see how that goes.
I may have just gotten a dud coil knowing SMOK.

I mentioned the tanks specifically in your other thread but a simple explanation of mesh coils.

the idea behind them means you get a much quicker heat up time compared to standard coils and with the mesh it gives a much more strong flavour due to more cotton being vaporised at the same time.

In short they are a massive improvement on standard coils but depending on the brand you still get a different experience.

Yeah I heard that mesh coils are much better, but this is my first time trying one and the im just not getting good hits from it and the flavours are a little muted. But I will be trying the dual mesh in a few days and see how that goes.

It's just the smok coils aren't that good sadly for mesh. As I said I'm not a hater of smok, got both the epriv and the species and got a few more in the cupboard so actually am a fan.

If you want mesh then falcon , skynet, mesh pro are your best bets. Maybe the alpha by geekvape but flavour isn't as strong

It's just the smok coils aren't that good sadly for mesh. As I said I'm not a hater of smok, got both the epriv and the species and got a few more in the cupboard so actually am a fan.

If you want mesh then falcon , skynet, mesh pro are your best bets. Maybe the alpha by geekvape but flavour isn't as strong
Im not looking into getting a new tank at the moment since i just bought a new X-Priv but I will for sure keep that in mind.
But you're suggesting for SMOK, that the standard wire coils are better than the mesh ones in your opinion? Im using the single mesh, but it was suggested to me that the dual or triple max mesh would be far better than the single one. so i want to try those as well.

Im not looking into getting a new tank at the moment since i just bought a new X-Priv but I will for sure keep that in mind.
But you're suggesting for SMOK, that the standard wire coils are better than the mesh ones in your opinion? Im using the single mesh, but it was suggested to me that the dual or triple max mesh would be far better than the single one. so i want to try those as well.
Honestly I found the dual mesh to be disappointing. I had to downgrade the power to prevent dry hits far too much. The standard coils I thought were better but you don't get a giant Jump in flavour from them.

Once I got the optimal wattage level on the dual it wasn't bad. It didn't burn out like others have you believe, and it gave ok flavour in that respect yeah. You probably do get better flavour then a standard version so better to stick with that. I never tried the single mesh but got the species turn up today so will give that one a go when I get chance to.

Generally mesh is so much better in other tanks, don't take my replies as talking negatively about the tank because I own the tank myself, actually own more than one of them for some reason so certainly have used them in the past. If you like the tank then there isn't any issue with it, coils last long enough and flavour is decent enough by itself. Just that there are better performing ones out there that if you look to get a new one in the future then cettianly give me a shout or send me a message and I'll advise which one to get. I'm a reviewer so have tried a fair few so far and even have a much better version of the prince tank that I'm getting ready for review now, which is odd to say haha it will be on my channel this weekend.

The market is always changing though, I'm patiently waiting for a tank called the sense screen that is potentially better than the mesh pro but still not released so all I can do is imagine how good it will be

I've tried the Smok mesh coils and they have very poor wicking compared to the Falcon, 1st coil lasted less than a day and simply didn't deliver anything more than normal Smok Prince Q4 coils, the only Mesh coils that have impressed me as game changers are for the Falcon 7ml tank, single bore (3 bore are not quite as good and shorter lifespan).

I reviewed it here:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...n-tank-resin-artisan-edition-giveaway.168624/

I currently have 2 Falcon Resin Artisan editions on my X-Priv and Mag - my Prince tanks have been relegated to occasional use.

DO NOT get the TPD edition as it's a joke, 2ml simply kills this tank, the juice flow is choked and you have to top it up every 0.7ml used.

The Wotofo Profile for RDA which has lasted me 3 weeks and still on the same coil and wick but it's no good for your X-Priv as it's a squonk RDA

Honestly I found the dual mesh to be disappointing. I had to downgrade the power to prevent dry hits far too much. The standard coils I thought were better but you don't get a giant Jump in flavour from them.

Once I got the optimal wattage level on the dual it wasn't bad. It didn't burn out like others have you believe, and it gave ok flavour in that respect yeah. You probably do get better flavour then a standard version so better to stick with that. I never tried the single mesh but got the species turn up today so will give that one a go when I get chance to.

Generally mesh is so much better in other tanks, don't take my replies as talking negatively about the tank because I own the tank myself, actually own more than one of them for some reason so certainly have used them in the past. If you like the tank then there isn't any issue with it, coils last long enough and flavour is decent enough by itself. Just that there are better performing ones out there that if you look to get a new one in the future then cettianly give me a shout or send me a message and I'll advise which one to get. I'm a reviewer so have tried a fair few so far and even have a much better version of the prince tank that I'm getting ready for review now, which is odd to say haha it will be on my channel this weekend.

The market is always changing though, I'm patiently waiting for a tank called the sense screen that is potentially better than the mesh pro but still not released so all I can do is imagine how good it will be
Yeah well thanks for all that advice I really appreciate that and will for sure hit you up when i decide to get a better tank in the future. Ill try the other mesh coils and see how I feel about them though. you have been a lot of help though so thanks

Hello I am new to the thread but been vaping for 2 years.
I have a X-Priv mod with TFV12 Prince tank. Using either Q4 or T10 coils.

NOW I just found out about these mesh coils that came out and want to know if there is a big difference between the mesh and the regular wire coils.

I am more into flavour in my vaping and heard that the mesh coils enhance and intensify flavours as well as vapor production, is this true?
I would like to learn a little bit about the differences and see if the change is worth doing.
Thanks.

Hey Anthony Nader,
Sorry if this is out of date but perhaps I can help out a little here, amazing work by everyone on this thread by the way.
There are a few things to note here, one being that sacred was right with saying they are a genuine improvement on stock coils. As far as where they came from, the mesh was used in Rebuildable Genesis Atomizers back in the day as a wicking material of all things. The idea was that the mesh was rolled into a straw and inserted into the tank where a coil was built directly above. The idea was that the mesh's porous texture would use a capillary action, where the juice would be sucked up toward the coil where it was vaporised.
As cool as that sounds, it was a pain to do and just as silk186 said, a torch was required because metal to metal contact from the mesh and coils would cause a short so a torch was used in order to create a layer of carbon, a barrier if you like, in order for the mesh to insulate itself from the coils.

That's a quick history lesson. Today mesh is used as a coil, we all know that. what most don't know is that it is a genuinely better vape. it ramps up quicker, it almost completely eliminates hot spots and better still, it covers a lot more surface area than a normal coil and does not need a tonne of maintenance as it's predecessors did. That being said, installing a mesh coil is as simple as tightening a few screws or worst case, cutting a bit off a roll of mesh stip.
I hope this helps,
Yianno.

Back
Top Bottom