What's new

Review Geekvape Alpha Tank

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Hey guys. Two reviews in one day. I am just spoiling you today.

I won this in a competition that was run by @heaven gifts. I was not asked to review this product. But I thought why not. All the opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So I introduce you to.....

The Geekvape Alpha

20181106_174219.jpg

I will admit I am a bit of a geekvape fan boy. They have made some of my favourite RTA. But in my past experience their stock coil tanks haven't been much to write home about. The alpha tank has changed my view on that. Fitted with the bubble glass it has a 4ml capacity. Made from stainless steel and resin. The tank is 25mm diameter.

In the box you get

The alpha tank
Spare bubble glass
0.4 ohm coil
Bag of spare o rings.

It comes with the MM x1 0.15ohm coil which at 90w is just banging. Clouds and flavour for days. The coils use what geekvape are calling meshmellow. Which at a peek into the coils is mesh of sorts. The coils are packed out with premium Egyptian cotton. Which wicks extremely well and can keep up with chain vaping at higher wattages.

It has a spring loaded swing top. At one push of the locking button the top swings open for you to fill it.

20181106_174233.jpg

I haven't got round to uses the other coil yet but I will update this when I do. But so far coil life is great. 7 days so far vaping some quite sweet juice and it is still going strong.

It has triple airflow inlets in the base of the tank. Simple turn of the airflow control ring to open or close the air inlets.

Pros

Great design
Good coil life
Clouds and flavour for days
Leak free

Cons

Well I haven't found any at all. If I wanted to be picky. I would of liked it to have maybe 5 or 6ml capacity.

This is probably one of the best stock coil tanks I have tried this year.

Priced in the UK around £25-28. You may find it even cheaper if you shop around.

20181106_174243.jpg

This is a serious contender for stock coil tank of the year
I really liked the alpha tank (my review is live tomorrow).

I think it offered something different but not better if that makes sense. I don't think flavour is better than most but the smoothness is, so it is ideal for creamy vapes but not really going to rival the best for flavour.

It's a surprise package as they say in my opinion. Great if you get it packaged with a mod.

I really liked the alpha tank (my review is live tomorrow).

I think it offered something different but not better if that makes sense. I don't think flavour is better than most but the smoothness is, so it is ideal for creamy vapes but not really going to rival the best for flavour.

It's a surprise package as they say in my opinion. Great if you get it packaged with a mod.

I think out of the stock coil tanks I have tried this year this is by far the best for flavour and smoothness. Is it as good as the falcon mesh pro maybe not. But out of what I have tried and tested it is up there.

I think out of the stock coil tanks I have tried this year this is by far the best for flavour and smoothness. Is it as good as the falcon mesh pro maybe not. But out of what I have tried and tested it is up there.
I agree it is one of the better ones you can buy yeah, it did really impress me.

I kinda fucked my one up though, fired in my pocket and now smells of plastic......thankfully i am getting another in a upcoming new product i should get my hands on this week.....haha

Looks nice. Never heard of Egyptian cotton in coils before, just my bath towels. They wick up after a shower pretty good though. :thumbup:

nice review Sam.
i cancelled my alpha order a few days ago as it got pushed back again on FT so got the skynet instead.
im finding the facon coils are just not lasting for me. on my 4th now as burnt out earlier and im only running it at 60w on the M2
freemax pro has astounded me since i opened it today. flavours are off the chart and better than any subtank ive tried so far.

Back
Top Bottom