What's new

What can TC offer an MTL Vaper?

Crewella

Olympian
I didn't want to stuff up the other TC thread, but I've never been tempted to try TC. I usually vape 28AWG kanthal on 2.5mm ID to around 1.4 ohms and am very happy with that. Same build goes in pretty much every tank I have. I don't get dry hits or wicking issues, and if I do then it's something I can fix with my wicking.

I can see people in here getting interested ....... but I'm really not sure why I might be tempted or what it can offer? I'm not against ....... just waiting to be convinced it's worth trying ....... ;)

I'm not sure it's for me either, but there is only one way to find out. Am gonna experiment a bit and see what happens.

I'm not sure it's for me either, but there is only one way to find out. Am gonna experiment a bit and see what happens.
Lol ........ OK ........ I watch this space, with interest ....... ;)

The other thread has me interested, I think I have the capability on a lot of my mods. I’m just a bit unsure about which metals I can use it with. More research and reading I think. Following both threads with interest.

I dabble from time to time, in fact I have at the moment got 27g 316ss 3mm Id at about 0.9ohms in a reaper.....spaced is key here, which I don't tend to bother with if using kanthal.
Set at a lowly 340f at 13.2w Im getting a really good vape.
I like to take long draws, so T/C can be of benefit here... once correctly dialled in to find your sweet spot, the coil won't keep on powering up to excessive high temps... risking burning n dry hits.... T/C will kick in at temp set.
Is it any better........sometimes it is....give it a go n see.

I dabble from time to time, in fact I have at the moment got 27g 316ss 3mm Id at about 0.9ohms in a reaper.....spaced is key here, which I don't tend to bother with if using kanthal.
Set at a lowly 340f at 13.2w Im getting a really good vape.
I like to take long draws, so T/C can be of benefit here... once correctly dialled in to find your sweet spot, the coil won't keep on powering up to excessive high temps... risking burning n dry hits.... T/C will kick in at temp set.
Is it any better........sometimes it is....give it a go n see.
See ........ this is my problem here. I understand why 'cloudier' vapers will value TC, but I never go over 11 watts and don't ever get dry hits .......... even with long draws (except on the Hastur mini at first). Is that the only benefit of TC?

I really appreciate your input ........ and I'm not trying to be difficult, but if all it has to offer is less likelihood of a dry hit that I never get anyway ........ I'm not feeling the need to rush out and buy a load of different wires just for the hell of it? :D

TC is just as viable to MTL as it is to "cloud chasers". Although to be honest, if I want to fog out Manchester I use a hooligan RTA/RDA in power mode, not TC. TC can reveal other levels flavour that get lost in power mode & you can adjust accordingly to highlight (or otherwise) flavours.
To be honest, if your satisfied with your end result then TC, and the adjusting to it probably isn't worth the effort.
You could try SS as if it's not working for you, you can just switch to power mode with no recoiling/wicking required.

See ........ this is my problem here. I understand why 'cloudier' vapers will value TC, but I never go over 11 watts and don't ever get dry hits .......... even with long draws (except on the Hastur mini at first). Is that the only benefit of TC?

I really appreciate your input ........ and I'm not trying to be difficult, but if all it has to offer is less likelihood of a dry hit that I never get anyway ........ I'm not feeling the need to rush out and buy a load of different wires just for the hell of it? :D

I know you no......sometimes I find SS is better, cleaner tasting, less metallic with some juices, this is noticeable , also you may be able to push up temp and wattage a tad, enjoying a warmer maybe even more flavoursome vape....if that makes sense....for the price of a spool of 316l from stealth vape its worth a go, as you can use the wire in power mode, so won't be wasted.

Your going to have to use less wraps....I would aim for 9 wraps, if you keep it at 1.4ohms you would need about 14 wraps

Back
Top Bottom