What's new

Coil - Wattage

Smokeandsteam

Achiever
Okay, so I’ve done my first coil and wick of the serpent smm and dead rabbit RTA. The flavour profile is magnificent - ironically, I prefer the older single coil serpent smm to the dead rabbit which looks to me like the RDA with a tank stuck on!

But here is my query.

On the serpent I’m vaping at 37W. Coils are coming out at 0.37. On the dead rabbit it’s 45w with a coil resistance if 0.24.

I’m surprised at this. I was expecting to have to vape at a higher wattage 60-80w to get the full flavour hit. These levels feel to hot to me and in fact seem to mute the taste. It’s better lower down the wattage range.

Basically, interested interested in other apes thoughts and if I’m doing something wrong?

Should add the coil in the serpent is a fused Clapton 6 wrap and in the dead rabbit a fused Clapton 6 wrap dual coil.

If they are new coils try them at a lower watts say 30watts then slow go up on the watts after a few puffs until you get it where you want that is best for you....

Chamber size & airflow all contribute to the end result, not just wattage. Dual coil by it's extra mass will require more watts but isn't the only factor.

I’ve been vaping on both for a few weeks and tried various air flows. As I say I’m not ‘bothered’ as I’m enjoying the taste of the serpent especially. I’m just surprised at the wattage and wondered if it was unusual

I coil my smm at about .3ohm and vape it between 24 & 30 watts. When I have to go above that it's time to clean the coil & rewick. :)

I’ve been vaping on both for a few weeks and tried various air flows. As I say I’m not ‘bothered’ as I’m enjoying the taste of the serpent especially. I’m just surprised at the wattage and wondered if it was unusual

not really I don't think, a small single coil RTA isn't going to need much power to give a good vape.

Yeah I use my SMM at a max 25/30w on a 0.6 0r 0.5 flat Ni80 coil. I've tried bigger, fanicier coils but they just get too hot for me and the flavours not the same.

I like a max of about 45w on my single coil RTAs. Just seems to fit me.

Yeah I use my SMM at a max 25/30w on a 0.6 0r 0.5 flat Ni80 coil. I've tried bigger, fanicier coils but they just get too hot for me and the flavours not the same.

I like a max of about 45w on my single coil RTAs. Just seems to fit me.

Precisely. I find it’s perfect at 37-40. If it’s too hot it loses flavour

I go for between 30w and 50w depending on coil/s and juice flavour. I like decent clouds but I wouldn't call myself a "clouds bro" type. I don't think there's any right or wrong, it's all about personal preference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom