What's new

cnn wet lung

"The liquid is known as e-juice, and it contains flavorings, propylene glycol, glycerin and often nicotine -- though many users are unaware of this final addictive ingredient".

I'm pretty sure that many people are aware there is nicotine in their juice.

It's the usual bollocks from the press.
One or two people suffer with something and it's the end of the world.
So what about reporting about the millions upon millions of vapours that ecigs have helped kicked
the smokes and feel much healthier for it. Can climb stairs without getting out of breath, don't need inhalers any more.

best part can go an hr in the bedroom without feeling there going to have a heart attack .. lol :P

I suppose at least rare allergies are being reported. The world is becoming increasingly allergic as it becomes more "sanitized" so reactions are to be expected. I guess reports like this should be taken on board by the likes of us in case we get those usual questions where we a shout "get to the doctors" lol.
Decade's of horrendous reactions, wet lung and diseases from cigarettes where blotted out of the media by cash rich tobacco companies.
Although they do need to be balanced out with an appropriate reply to put the risk into a realistic perspective.

1. Its America and they do anything to scare users

2, How do we know it was certainly the ecig? If it allergic reaction wouldnt that be immerdately not 3 weeks

3, What liquid was she using was it reputable company as she could of been vaping anything for all we know

4. Why is there no pictures, reports of this woman??

When the news is about how it’s bad it is for you and the fact the article from America i am always highly questionable, A few members might remember a few years ago i emailed a university on there finds as the newspapers was making out the flavouring caused cancer! When the professor emailed me back it wasn’t like that at all! He found 2 flavourings tobacco and something else had a very small number that was barely traceable!!! He said it won’t cause cancer and was upset his study had been used in a negative way as he was hoping to prove the risk was much lower overall!

If it's the same story from earlier this year, sure I read she had underlying conditions before she vaped.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/news/vaping-news/2018-05-21_pediatrics-pants-on-fire.html

Dr Farsalinos has been the first to comment on this nonsense: “This was a case report of hypersensitivity pneumonitis, most commonly an allergic reaction that causes inflammation in the lung. Any inflammation in the lungs (could be caused by pneumonia, bacteria and more) can result in pleural effusion. This is irrelevant to the ‘wet lung’ that implies ecig use results in liquid accumulation in the lungs. The authors of the study only suggest that vaping caused hypersensitivity pneumonitis providing absolutely no scientific data to back this theory except mentioning that the girl vaped.”

“The use of the term ‘wet lung’ is a deliberate attack on vaping,” he continued, “and an attempt to fear monger and spread misinformation once again, forcing smokers away from using this product to quit smoking.”

The doctors ignore anything else that could have been happening in this woman's life, preferring to make a logically flawed and simplistic link between correlation and causation. The patient and society at large deserve much, much better.

Back
Top Bottom