What's new

Flavour build 2 post Kennedy 24

Chuck Norris

Achiever
First off.....it really is a fantastic atty!!!! Should have gotten into Kennedy’s years ago!!!

Stumped up the cash for the authentic after getting a couple clones which were both great and miles better than my usual stuff like the DR/Drop etc. Easily my fave atty.

I’ve been using mainly Coilology Fused Claptons or Aliens in here, 2.5mm then 3mm. These were around 0.10 - 0.15ohms All gave great flavour and HUGE clouds (3mm Alien was the best around 0.12) but I’ve just swapped for a pair of simple 5 wrap 24g Brochrome with 3mm id and coming out at 0.17ohms. Haven’t used BC in months and forgot how good it is!

I found the fancy coils did leak a little, not through over squonking but juice on the coil would fall into the chimneys and build up & up then leak after 10-20mins use. This happened a lot.

Been a couple hours now with Brochrome and it’s dry as a bone. I’d have had to dry the airholes a few times by now.

I usually place the coils around 1mm above the chimneys and offset them more toward the post holes and not directly above the chimneys. Played around with it yesterday (Aliens) and raised the coils high thinking it would give better flavour being closer to my mouth but it really muted the flavour and I found the coils burning, tasted horrible, plus it pissed juice out the airholes after a few toots! Great on the commute to work!!!

Going o/t here but what have you found is the best flavour build on your 2 post Kennedy’s? Got to say the Brochrome is giving the best for flavour but no where as much Vapour as the Aliens but I expected that.

Am I placing these coils correct or should they be directly above the chimneys (or more outward toward the cap?)

Wicking. I’m finding less is more, I just tuck the ends in to the sides of the posts and make sure there’s a little gap either side of the chimneys so it doesn’t leak. Does anybody split the tails so you cover most of the deck or am I doing it right!

Back
Top Bottom