What's new

A guide on calculating amp load using a regulated mod.

I just want to check we have this straight- you do not accept the usual, accepted method for calculating amp load on a regulated mod?

Or is is something else you mean? As you can't deny that 100W at 6.2V (General, 3.1V per cell cutoff) = 16.12A, @90% efficiency that goes up to 17.92A with the math.

It may be you are trying to explain something else but something is getting in the way. If it is something else you mean, I would be glad to discuss it as anything vape wise since I got my first mod has me hooked :)

how do u calculate how much is stored and used from the board rather than the battery ? I see u calculate but it means nothing to me ??

how do u calculate how much is stored and used from the board rather than the battery ? I see u calculate but it means nothing to me ??

I understand where you’re coming from mate. In order to achieve 100% accuracy in calculating an exact amp draw figure more variables than are included in the quoted calculations (capacitor capability etc) would need to be considered. BUT, just noting this potentially small margins for error does t really get us anywhere. All calculations will inevitably assume a fully functioning and capable board. It’s perhaps when boards fail (and they do. RMA would not exist otherwise) that having a set of cells that you know would hold up under autofire conditions or whatever may prove to be efficacious amd desirable. I see no harm in people using a general rule of thumb when selecting batteries for regulated devices. Best to err on the side of caution than not.

to me it's taking the safety aspect of vaping to far

if this was a true issue we would of been taking about this long before now and mods everywhere would of be going boom with warning pics everywhere news etc

nothing to see here

don't buy cheap batteries or mods and forget ohms with regs clean and maintain ur mods

plug play and forget
fin

Last edited:
to me it's taking the safety aspect of vaping to far

if this was a true issue we would of been taking about this long before now and mods everywhere would of be going boom with warning pics everywhere news etc

nothing to see here

don't buy cheap batteries or mods and forget ohms with regs clean and maintain ur mods

plug play and forget
fin
Thats kind of like saying 'Forget everything, build whatever resistance you wan't' on a mech. It does take a lot for a battery to go thermal- but it can, and does happen.
There are images of regulated mods that have gone- most likely down to user error, like torn wraps causing a dead short, or it auto firing at a very high power level with the protection failing.

I've had plenty of regulated mods fail, and if I wan't there it could of got dangerous very fast.

Thats kind of like saying 'Forget everything, build whatever resistance you wan't' on a mech. It does take a lot for a battery to go thermal- but it can, and does happen.
lol not quite mate

where are all the mods that have gone boom remembering that there are millions of people use fake and Chinese batteries too
the evidence of the should be everywhere !
if this was a thing we would of been talking about this years ago

lol not quite mate

where are all the mods that have gone boom remembering that there are millions of people use fake and Chinese batteries too
the evidence of the should be everywhere !
if this was a thing we would of been talking about this years ago

All this guide is for is calculating amp load for a regulated mod- does it meet those requirements?

Exploding Ecigs, wether regulated or Mechanical are rare, but we need to keep as safe as possible. The more knowledge we have, the safer we can stay.

There are images of regulated mods that have exploded not on charge. They are few and far between for the same reason Mech explosions are- most people using them either are not pushing things, or the ones that are know what they are doing.

Seriously, you'd use a 10A cell in a single cell mod at 100w would you?

It's not just about mods 'going boom' (which rarely happens thankfully) it's about using a cell that's going to work the best for the power you vape at. Nobody likes low battery warnings because of massive sag and nobody likes poor battery life. If you just ignore the amp draw in a regulated mod then how can you make a good decision on which cells to use?

Seriously, you'd use a 10A cell in a single cell mod at 100w would you?

It's not just about mods 'going boom' (which rarely happens thankfully) it's about using a cell that's going to work the best for the power you vape at. Nobody likes low battery warnings because of massive sag and nobody likes poor battery life. If you just ignore the amp draw in a regulated mod then how can you make a good decision on which cells to use?
hi simon

unsure who that post is for
10A where did u see that posted mate
anyone knowing batterys knows a 10a high mah is for mtl vaping

Back
Top Bottom