What's new

stainless and resin driptip making of

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
I had some stainless steel drip tip thingies hit the mat the other day

so whilst on some downtime in the workshop I had a play around

DVD?

"phenomenon"

George Malley: Now, uh... he didn't say how long.

Lace Pennamin: Days, or weeks... they don't, they don't know.

George Malley: I'm so sorry, Lace. I know how you hate surprises.

Lace Pennamin: I tried so hard not to love you.

George Malley: How'd you make out?

Lace Pennamin: Terrible.

[they chuckle]

George Malley: Hey, would you, uh, love me the rest of my life?

Lace Pennamin: No. I'm gonna love you for the rest of mine.

I have some odd blanks of resin from previous mods I think this one was Morlock

IMG_6314.jpg

I'm cutting back here, I am not measuring, I'm just going by eye and touch/feel

IMG_6315.jpg

bond in the top to the stainless

IMG_6316.jpg

so I am going to reduce the size do the hole bit of curving then polish

IMG_6317.jpg

quick dip in the ultrasonic

IMG_6319.jpg
IMG_6320.jpg
IMG_6318.jpg

the tip will be cleaned and in a leather bag it's going with me to vapefest to be given away

love my driptips, then like them, buy one

Oh my God. That is beautiful. If production starts let me know and i will put some orders in

For me it’s a no brainer they is no skill involved in my past career they would been known as “throw um” as in you make them as fast as you can and who ever made it the quickest would throw the completed one at you across the workshop (normally at your head) it was just downtime fun to keep people from being board

Stop tempting me @vapesmarter ......

Though if happens to be alittle of a certain block you made recently spare after.... Well... Let me know please!

For me it’s a no brainer they is no skill involved in my past career they would been known as “throw um” as in you make them as fast as you can and who ever made it the quickest would throw the completed one at you across the workshop (normally at your head) it was just downtime fun to keep people from being board

surely if there's that little skill involved, you'd of made the insert too, as part of the process?

surely if there's that little skill involved, you'd of made the insert too, as part of the process?

Yes I would but I don’t like stainless steel it’s expensive and I have to buy a meter of the stuff at a time and seeing as you see lots of drip tips out there all people do is either capsten lath them (unlikely) or buy them from China on Alibaba.com by the bucket full

Yes I would but I don’t like stainless steel it’s expensive and I have to buy a meter of the stuff at a time and seeing as you see lots of drip tips out there all people do is either capsten lath them (unlikely) or buy them from China on Alibaba.com by the bucket full

fair enough on not liking ss, quite a few people making some nice hand turned tips out there imo

I could make the bases in brass, Sterling silver, bronze, 9ct gold but I have no interest to for me it’s easy to buy a base put some resin on the top job done but the cost for a hand turned drip tip be on a metal lath or a wood lath if it goes above £10 it’s not worth it

Back
Top Bottom