What's new

Review The NatureVape True MTL Tank by EHPRO - a week in use review.

ZT

Super Moderator
Staff member
Declaration - I am reviewing this from the perspective of a vapour frustrated at the lack of MTL tanks (though this has changed some in the last year with the advent of the berserker and Hastur Cthulu etc), its IS a personal review BUT - I will admit that due to my opinion on this tank I am considering selling it alongside our other products - we only stock gear that we find good to use with our E-liquids so I am always on the look out for good MTL gear.

I have no time to take any pictures today .. so will be robbing them directly from the Naturevape site.

——————————————————

Screenshot 2018-10-24 at 11.19.59.png

You will by now have seen posts about this tank (including one from myself).

I was approached about this tank during its conception by mark at NatureVape to see if I would like to try it, as he knows that I am a fan of the Cthulhu Hastur Mini (a similar priced good MTL tank) - and he believed this was going to be a better tank.

The Hastur flavour wise is pretty spot on so I did approach this with an amount of preconceived skepticism. I am often of the opinion that things can only get so good.

Imagine my surprise then to find something with a flavour rivalling that of the Hastur, not only that in a few small ways it surpasses.

Kit Contents :

Fully assembled True MTL RTA

Spare 3ml Bubble Glass

Screwdriver

X2 Pre-made coils

Pack of o-rings

X2 Phillips screws

User manual

RETAIL PRICE at Naturevape : £24.99

Flavour wise to me its on par with the Hastur - which is in itself at this price range quite an achievement. Where this wins out is in its design and usability.

The tank itself is slightly taller than the Hastur (Drip tips aside) which means it will fit better in a number of my side by side mods - which the Hastur looks ridiculous in.

The device is well made and machined well (in this day an age this should be a given) and in terms of coiling you have the choice of either trapping the legs under a metal plate which tightens down with the screw or by the more usual wrap around the screw (my preferred method).

On this note - the Atomiser comes supplied with two pre-built 1ohm coils (claptons - aargh!) which while traditionally I would just throw in the bin and build my own - but as Naturevape have had a hand in designing these coils (for those who don’t know .. for years Nature vape have produced some of the best pre-built coils I’ve ever used) I thought it only right I give them a go. This has caused an amount of angst for me personally .. as a traditional MTL vapour I tend to poo-poo any coils that is not just a piece of wire wrapped round a screwdriver - seriously the fact that these are claptons very nearly had me ignoring them.

Im pleased I didn’t … as they perform very well .. and saved me a bit of wire. In fact since I swapped the Clapton out for my normal .7-.8 build - Im actually kind of missing it .. not that it tastes any worse .. but juice consumption is noticeably higher on my build .. I may need to adjust what Im doing with this tank!

I believe these coils will be available from Naturevape - for those who don’t spin metal.

The wicking is easy going .. taking the now common form of two groves down the side of the deck into which you place your cotton - this tank is far more forgiving than the Hastur in amount of cotton used - no dry hits as yet. And also no leaks. Like all of these kind of tanks I’d still not recommend either over stiffing or under stuffing … BUT I’ve had to make no adjustments to just whacking some in so far.

Screenshot 2018-10-24 at 11.19.21.png

The Main thing about this tank for me that outshines almost everything else I’ve tried is the amount of leaks Ive had out the air hole at the bottom .. and also juice / condensation under the drip tip .. to whit so far : jack shit - none - nada zilch. This is actually a first for me .. I’ve never experienced 100% leak and gurgle free in any atomiser ever over time - including my beloved herons.

The reason for this (As far as I can tell … bro science coming in!) is that the air hole under the coil is not a hole .. and is raised a fairly large amount above the deck - this means any juice that hits the deck runs back off into the cotton rather than disappearing down the air hole. I *think* that’s what is going on anyway! Im sure someone wanting to test the tank to its limits could make it leak .. but in general everyday usage I think the risk is so low as to be non existent.

Screenshot 2018-10-24 at 11.19.35.png

The tank looks pretty nice (though they all look much of a muchness these days .. like cars!) - slightly weirder with the bubble glass on - but not horribly so.

So far Ive used it and not wanted to put it down - this has happened with exactly three tanks in my vaping lifetime - the heron v1-1.5, the Spica Pro and the Cthulu Hastur Mini - and believe me I have tried LOADS.

In fact its lack of leaking has caused me two use it more than the above two over the last week - and at the price of £24.99 … that is a freaking bargain.

Oh - Airflow! This thing goes from ridiculously tight to fairly open MTL vape (but not restricted DL or DL)

Criticisms : I can only level 2 fairly minor ones .. once is the supplied drip tip … it has a nice narrow bore .. but is a bit wide and two short for my personal tastes - easily remedied though! (I use mine with a Cthulhu long drip tip sometimes. The other is the airflow ring - its pretty tight to move - but once moved stays where you put it - possibly an issue if you are a regular airflow spinner - I am not so couldn’t care less.

Its a great tank - especially at the price point. But not because of its price point - it would still be a great tank at £40

Bargain.

Notes :

Airflow under coil : 1.5mm

Available adjustable airlflows via o-ring : 1mm, 1.2mm, 1.4mm, 1.6mm , 1.8mm

Dimension : 22mm Wide | 32mm Height (excluding Drip tip)

Capacity 2ml (3ml with bubble tank)

Oh ok .. maybe one of my own pictures ...

IMG_1439.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be ordering a tank on payday, although I'm still in love with the Coppervape Spica clone.
That bubble glass looks pretty darn good on the la Petite too

Looks like I'll be ordering a tank on payday, although I'm still in love with the Coppervape Spica clone.
That bubble glass looks pretty darn good on the la Petite too
Ahh ... forgot about the Spica ... need to adjust!

Sounds pretty promising @ZT :) Guess I'd better have a try?

Back
Top Bottom