What's new

E-liquid Flavourings, are they at risk?

KatieH

Initiate
E-liquid is under fire as official bodies in the US start talking about banning flavoured e-liquid, this is something that could be adopted globally, what I want to know is how would this affect vaping?

Do flavourings carry importance and what would that mean for you if e-liquid became flavourless?

Any responses or replies would help!

The US Government does seem to have adopted a rather anti-vaping agenda. Couldn't possibly be to do with the amount of money Tobacco companies spend on lobbying?

Here in the UK we have a rather Pro-vaping Government who follow the facts and ignore the cries of the tobacco industry and their paid for research into vaping products. Even certain sections of the UK media have an anti-vaping agenda, luckily it falls on deaf ears, reading comments section about it shows the public opinion is turning against this fear operation.

Flavours are important I believe. It allows variety and the consumer to tailor the way they are getting off cigarettes, believe the flavours are what makes it stand apart from other, failed, nicotine substitutes. A flavour ban is simply going to make vaping less appealing to those considering it.

1. Juice flavour is not going to be banned in the U.K.
2. PHE credit the success of vaping as a harm reduction tool to the variety of flavours
3, Adults like flavours - including sweets and fizzy drinks

What newspaper do you work for, Katie?

giphy.gif

Hi,

I'm a freelancer looking to write about the potential effect on e-liquid flavourings.
Pretty short article then. There’ll be no potential effect in the U.K.

I refer you to the latest select committee report and the most recent update to the Public Health England report - both of which drive government policy on this matter...both of which are overwhelmingly supportive of vaping and recognise the essential role flavours play in bringing down the incidences of tobacco related harm.

Plus, if you go have a gander at Hansard, you’ll see the DUP shadow health spokesperson asking about vaping last week. The response from Brine indicates regulation will be relaxed post-Brexit, not firmed up.

Coverage of the Brine questions will be on POTV News this week, coverage of flavour issues can be found there going back to 2013. Please give credit if you use any of it. Thank you.

A link is in my sig.

Back
Top Bottom