What's new

Best RTA for beginner

Smokeandsteam

Achiever
Right, I have got my coilmaster v3 kit. I have watched and read endless tutorials about making coils and wicking and I have studied various 'reviewers' analysis of the best RTA.

I am now seeking the advice of the real experts! I want to buy an RTA (I am guessing I will find this easier than an RDA n terms of fill. I am not interested in massive clouds. The top two criteria is a) taste and b) ease of build. The ease of build is my overriding concern here. Finally, I don't want to pay a fortune.

While I am asking daft questions

1. Would my mod (a vaporesso revenger x) automatically advise on wattage once the RTA is assembles and put on top? or is it more complicated that this?
2. Will the gubbins with the RTA tell me what coil wire works best? I do not have clue what type of wire etc works with which RTA.

I mat be back with further stupid questions once I have purchased my first ever RTA. Thanks in advance and sorry if these questions are abysmally basic.

1. Any 510 RTA/RDA will fit on a 510 threaded mod.
2. No but some come with coils to play with.
Recommend either SS316 or Ni80 round wire to begin with. Easy to work with. 26awg or higher to start. Get onto Steamengine to check wire types, number of wraps & expected ohm (resistance). You can enter wire awg, type, number of wraps in the wire wizard & it'll show the resistance. Bear in mind this is for one coil. For dual coil halve the resistance.

I think most RTA's are pretty easy to build these days, I'd probably say go for a single coil though.... dual coil RTA's are usually a little more fiddly and you have the extra hassle of making 2 coils the same and getting them to fire at the same time.

Is there anything you like the look of or are thinking about now? The best one is the one that you're going to like and enjoy using.

Hi,

I recently entered the RTA world from stock coils, I would recommend sticking with single coils, depending on whether you want direct lung or mouth to lung, coilart mage is a well built tank and was my beginner. For mtl the dvarw is brilliant.

I really like the Vapefly Galaxies and the Dvarw is brilliant too, both MTL tanks. There is an awful lot to choose from now so as already said pick something you like the look of! Good luck and ask as many questions as you like.

I swear by the OTS Crius 2 single coil - This for me has given me the best flavour yet since going to an RTA

I think most RTA's are pretty easy to build these days, I'd probably say go for a single coil though.... dual coil RTA's are usually a little more fiddly and you have the extra hassle of making 2 coils the same and getting them to fire at the same time.

Is there anything you like the look of or are thinking about now? The best one is the one that you're going to like and enjoy using.

I am considering the Geekvape Creed and the Coil Master Elfy Simon. But as I say I am a bit lost.

That's a really good point about going single coil to start.Does this lessen flavour a lot?

Back
Top Bottom