What's new

The Sun has a dig at vaping again

Interesting. I see the goal more as 'consumption' itself, entertainment is just another product.
Nostalgia is certainly one aspect to advertising indeed. I suppose cigarettes were often advertised
on the basis of historical archetypes of masculinity: Marlboro Man/ Cowboys and so forth.

Not as bad as I thought it would be with it being the Sun newspaper, but I got to admit, they do have a point with some juices.

I remember the uproar over poke juice, and fantasi, which looked like Fanta. I DON'T think juices should be in plain packaging or boring, but instead of shaping the juice bottles into what looks like say a drinks bottle, keep the standard 30 or whatever size bottle, add a nice label and make the box the colourful part.

I've also never really understood flavour names. A few times family members or friends have asked what flavour I have, and reply with say "Unicorn milk" or similar. They then ask what is that? I explain a kind of strawberry and cream flavour, so they say why not just call it that?

It might just be me that finds the naming part odd though. I can understand if someone created a new flavour wanting to name it, but it would be handy if the name reflected what the flavour actually is!

I was watching a review earlier and they mentioned Unicorn Blood as the juice they were using.

My 6 years old's ears pricked right up! Very odd names!

The digs were always foreseeable - tobacco industry funding all this marketing against vaping whilst other join the vape world - we take billions of the tobacco industry so will hurt them

Back
Top Bottom