What's new

Review DJ's mini review of Tuck Shop by Dinner Lady

soooooooo….we're all cool with the packaging then?

its absolutely cool is it?

Im sorry, but fuck me, that's really aimed at the adult market that isn't it

It's promotional packaging and the fact we are talking about it means it's done it's job. It's done to get people's attention and create discussion on social media and forums like this. You and me will remember the packaging and we'll remember the brand and the liquids even if we feel negatively towards it. .... and we are talking about it right now. We might not agree with how they do it but Dinner Lady are the masters of promoting their products. We have an opinion on them and we are discussing them and we've not even tasted them, that's about as good as it gets.

I'm surprised that when they moved the 11/11 range into the Dinner Lady range they didn't call them the 'round the back of the bike shed' tobacco range though, I think they missed a trick there.

It kind of is though ...... I asked the under 10s I know and none of them knew what a 'tuck shop' was ....... it's the retro market really .... for old codgers like us? :D

Great review :2thumbsup: @MrDJ I will definitely give the lemon sherbet and a bubblegum ago. But now you mention tuti fruity that may go on the try list

It kind of is though ...... I asked the under 10s I know and none of them knew what a 'tuck shop' was ....... it's the retro market really .... for old codgers like us? :D

Selling nostalgia....

When I see the image of a shop front like this.... the first thing I associate it with is cigarettes, which is really interesting and strikes me as very odd now. That was such a common shop, the sweets and fags shop. :D

Captureit.JPG

Selling nostalgia....

When I see the image of a shop front like this.... the first thing I associate it with is cigarettes, which is really interesting and strikes me as very odd now. That was such a common shop, the sweets and fags shop. :D

View attachment 175535

That's spot on I think. Are dinner ladies even called dinner ladies anymore? It's definitely a really smart brand that sells youth back to middle aged vapers.

Nice review DJ. I quite fancy trying the apple and the sweet fusion ones myself.

Back
Top Bottom