What's new

Kanthal or Ni80

jude27

Postman
Hi Apes, Apologies if this question has been askled before, but what are the advantages of Ni80 over kanthal, I heard/read somewhere that you get a "cleaner " taste from the Ni80 and the ramp up is faster.
I usually vape at around the .3 - .5 ohms mark at 40 - 50ish watts with just single core kanthal claptons (I prefer a cooler vape). on RTA's ,not stock coils but home wrapped
I have dabbled with s/s and temp but can't get on with it. I was wondering if Ni80 would improve the quality of vape I'm getting,
Ni80 seems to come out at a similar resistance coil to coil as kanthal , according to my inputs on steam engine.
Any advise or pointers would be gratefully received .
Thanks in advance

Ni80 tends to ramp up way quicker versus kanthal. And I’m not so sure about the ohms being the same for the same as it’s kanthal equivalent. Ni80 tends to be lower

As for taste, I was convinced that I could taste SS wire until I was told that the set of coils I bought were actually SS Rather then the ni80 I thought I’d bought. So I guess it’s subjective

When I said similar I was working on my input into steam engine , and yes Ni80 does come out lower, but not as low as s/s 316. eg. Ni80 at 6 wraps 26 g core 32 gauge wrap 3mm id comes out at .76 (just within my range) kanthal would come out at .9 ish so lower but not waaaay lower.
Do you find it vapes any better than good old kanthal or I am just wasting my time looking

Flat Nichrome, or Brochrome is good.

24 gauge, 3mm inner, 6 wraps, 0.45 ohms, or 7 wraps for 0.5 ohms.

Back
Top Bottom