What's new

Review WotoFo Faris RDTA, all things to all men?

MrTeaTime

Legend
Soooooooooooo......This weeks second review of the Wotofo Faris

Send kindly onto me by Antonio @WotofoOfficial @WOTOFO

Words and opinions are my own....blah blah blah,

So with that out of the way.....shall we dive down and have a look??

:D

Now, im no squonker, im not really interested in the "dark art" and until i can find an rdta and a mod that suits my needs, that wont change.....but here we my have something that changes my opinion, because we have a tank that is suitable for squonking, and to be fair, its a pretty decent one at that....

Lets take it as a given that i have swapped out the squonk pin and have installed the "proper" pin :)

Now i have to be quite honest and say that this tank has some flaws, nothing major, just a few niggles that were easily sorted out with a few re-builds, and instead of listing them, ill explain as i go. Now swapping the squonk pin was easy. Theres no real need to swap out the bottom plate, just remove the squonk pin and replace with the correct pin. This blocks the the flow from the hole anyway and is not really needed....

so we're good to go vape

As @nwhornet has already noted was that this can get a little hot, we spoke a little about this earlier in the week, so i took this advice and was careful when building :) Now obviously i didnt listen hard enough :D Build low(ish) and the top cap will become quite hot fairly quickly, build below 0.15ohms and it gets hot, build below that (0.12ohms in my case) and it gets molten hot. So out with that build, and in with another. Now i refuse to change the way i vape according to the tank, if it doesnt work for me, it either ends up in the hedge at the back of the garden, or is given away. Im a patient guy, so 6 builds later and we're onto a solution. The airflow on this is very decent, but it doesnt lend itself to sitting to high in the chamber, which is a real shame because the room in there should support a 4mm ID coil with no problems....alas, there is no way that will happen as it just will not cool down. The solution? very short legs, and get dem dere legs as close to the airflow as you can. Maximise the amount of coil space and this seems to allow the coils to cool. Dont and i really do mean DON'T use kanthal.....its poor....like really poor.

So, thats the coiling sorted....wicking should be a piece of piss right? :D Just like the VGod pro before it, then yes, its easy. Now, ive found that the wick needs to just touch the base of the tank. Now this could be because of my style of vaping means that i need more wick. Oh, and the wick needs to be fairly thin as well. To much going through the coil and it wont wick quick enough. If your going to use this normally then heed these words :D

The airflow is wonderful. Airy, no restriction at its most open setting and with the coil so close to the airflow holes the flavour is absolutely on point. Its on par with any dripper i own. You'll be vaping quite happily until you realise that the tank is tiny. I get it thats this is really meant for squonking, and for that purpose the size of the capacity is inconsequential. But for this to really appeal to both sets of vapours, then the tank needs to be bigger. Not Wotofo's fault i know, but for a chinese vendor i really expected an extension tank.

As for the lower profile drip tip....me likey :) The tank is pretty tall, and to me, a taller driptip would have ruined the aestheticsof the tank, so im glad they thought of that. Ive experienced no spit back from my use (and ive used it a lot)

So Have Wotofo really made an RTDA that is all things to everyone? Nearly....so very nearly. Tank capacity, shocking, flavour? yep, on point.
30-EFEAF2-45-A8-46-A2-8-F41-68-C65-CD19-B53.jpg
0-EDE2130-4375-45-A7-8-BA7-4716-A59-BBCF3.jpg
3-FFC519-B-FA86-4-FEF-BDF6-AFC07083-D1-B2.jpg
60-F43397-536-B-4258-B70-A-A5511-C1-B7-B0-C.jpg
8-B74-BD48-3-AFA-49-A1-9-E0-C-53267-C292-CBF.jpg
64964-F2-A-7-C77-4266-AD6-B-71-BC76-A46-A1-E.jpg
22-F3-F133-7-F77-44-EF-A46-D-40-C0268037-CF.jpg
7873-E3-D6-C579-45-E7-BA0-D-8-FCA1-A24-BAA3.jpg

@Sam's Saucy Juice Reviews , you ran it on single cell mech squonk didn't you? I swapped over to a mech this morning, single cell & coil & it's cooler than running on regulated & flavour still good.
@MrTeaTime I found the supplied cotton restricted the juice to the point it felt like on the edge of dry hitting, more so when set up as an RDA. A 3.5mm coil should be able to cope with that amount of cotton.

@Sam's Saucy Juice Reviews , you ran it on single cell mech squonk didn't you? I swapped over to a mech this morning, single cell & coil & it's cooler than running on regulated & flavour still good.
@MrTeaTime I found the supplied cotton restricted the juice to the point it felt like on the edge of dry hitting, more so when set up as an RDA. A 3.5mm coil should be able to cope with that amount of cotton.

Yea had it on my wooden squonk. Now got it on my friends pulse for a blast

Back
Top Bottom