What's new

Review Wotofo Faris Rda/Rdta

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Hey guys. Yes we are back again with another hardware review. The weather has been a bit crap today so I'm playing catch up with the reviews.

This was sent out for the purpose of this review so thank to Antonio over @WotofoOfficial. All the opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So today we are looking at the 24mm Faris Rdta designed by Wotofo and Vape Geek Q8.

Faris, the Arabic term for “knight”.

20181012_210159.jpg

Now before we go any further. I will add my thoughts on rdtas wasn't great before I received this product. I had previously used the skyhook rdta and thought it was not great at all.

So as always let's start with the kit contents.

So in the box you get.

1 Faris Rdta
1 bag of cotton
Extra 810 drip tip
1 bag of Clapton coils
1 rda adaptor
A bag of the usual spares
1 extra tube for the tank (not glass)
Screwdriver and coiling tool.

So out the box it comes built as the RDTA. Which I will say has a glass tube fitted. (The spare one in the box is a slightly frosted plastic tube) Again I have said this before but top marks to Wotofo for including coils and cotton to get you started.

So out the box it came and I coiled and wicked it with the included coils and cotton. The coils provided are 0.33ohm each approx. So dual coiled mine has come out at 0.16ohm. The coils supplied are made of NI80. The build deck on this is a listless deck. Similar to the pulse 24. So it is quite simple to coil.

20181012_210228.jpg

It has 3 large air holes on each side. Which is fully adjustable by turning the top cap. When I wicked the coils. I cut the cotton and pushed it down into the wicking ports. So I have the cotton just through into the tank section and no more. Using this method I haven't had any leaking or dry hits at all. I've been the Faris on my fully mechanical squonker and it has completely changed my opinion on RDTAS. It's a nice flavourful and cloudy rdta using the supplied coils.

If you are using it as a non squonk Rdta it has a clever fill port on the side. You simply insert your bottle tip inside the rubber plug and squeeze your bottle to fill the tank. So you don't have to take the rubber plug out which for me is great. Less chance of loosing it imho. The top cap has locating pins on it so it will only fully push on the base with these lined up.

20181012_210228.jpg

To change it into a rda just simply unscrew the bottom plate and glass section and put on the flat rda plate instead.

So let's move on to some pros and cons and my final thoughts.

Pros.

Can be either Rad or Rdta
Coils and cotton included
Simple and easy to wick
Easy no mess filling
Got me back into squonking

Cons.

Both drip tips are too short so my liking.
Also no finger cut outs on the lid of the box so it's a PITA to actually get into it.

So my final thoughts.

I am genuinely loving this atty. It has got me using my mech squonk that was sitting on the shelf feeling a bit unloved. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a dual coil squonking rdta.

20181012_210312.jpg

Here is the link if you want to check it out yourself.

Priced at $29.99-$31.99

https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-faris-rdta.html

I have just ordered one of these. I hope it lives up to expectations :)

Nice review @Sam's Saucy Juice Reviews , I've been enjoying it too & will be posting my thoughts soon. See you appear to have the coils lower than they would be if you used the coil tool to cut the legs. Also did you find it gets hot in dual coil mode?

Great review again Sam looks a nice squonk rdta may have to add this to my Christmas wish list ......:2thumbsup:......

I can't say I have really noticed it getting hot. I'm using it currently on a single cell squonker. It gets warm but I wouldn't say it gets hot buddy

I was using it with the coils cut to the tool (8mm on Coily) on a Rage & Halcyon at around 40-42w & the cap gets seriously hot, not helped with the short drip tips. Lowered the coils 2mm & better flavour but still hot. Currently running single coil at 42w & even better. Found keeping coils low down much better as more of the coil is in the airflow instead of it passing underneath.

Keeping your coils low certainly give you better flavour imo. And the short drip tip is a let down.

Back
Top Bottom