What's new

Review Custom Tips, Drip Tips from Lee

They make a very good soup out of duck’s blood in Poland. Obviously l didn’t try it though.

I've now bought .... erm ...... six custom drip tips from @Lee at Custom Tips, so I thought I'd share my experiences.

The first three were from chosen blocks but shaped to suit, I was a little wary that he usually does wider bore tips than the narrower bore MTL 510 tips I was after, but he assured me he could do any bore I liked, and indeed he clearly can - we agreed on around 4mm. He also agreed to make a tip for my Kayfuns (V3 Mini/Prime/V5) that was slightly longer than the stock ones, as well as a custom curved cone shape to fit a Berserker Mini and Dvarw.

I got to see pics of the blanks on his thread as they were being worked, and of the finished product before they were shipped, and all within a few days. They are beautiful, but more importantly they are very comfortable to use and fit well - I've used them daily since they arrived. Quite tight to push home, but not too deep and the single o-ring does the job perfectly - I can lift my (admittedly small and light single battery) kit by the drip tip ... and often do.

View attachment 174982

So ....... I've always wanted a certain shade of blood red and asked Lee to make some more for me in a custom colour. He made up a couple of blanks, put up with me not liking the first attempt (too pink) with good grace, and then got the colour spot-on. Absolutely spot on, and they were sent out just as quickly and work just as well as the first batch. You can see just how spot on here, in front of the vase I had as an example.

View attachment 174984

I'm usually more a 'three for a fiver' type, but I thought these were absolutely worth the £10/12 they cost to get exactly what I wanted - most of my kit is cheap and basic, so these tips add some 'class' ...... and I enjoyed the whole experience. Thank you Lee.

Thanks for the review mate, it’s been a pleasure making them for you! Have really enjoyed mixing the colours and cutting the curved shapes [emoji16]

It’s not often that I get a order for a 510 or even for a curve... it’s usually a straight 810 tip so it’s been fun!

I'm usually a 5 for $10 from FT man but I'm very tempted & going to check these out.

Back
Top Bottom