What's new

Sxk 70w temperature control

Cdr_Shep

Initiate
I recently bought a vape shell & have been wrapping some fused ss316L Clapton coils to go in it.

I’ve noticed that in temp control holding down the power button & down button simultaneously gives access to a TCR menu with a scale from 0-100. There seems to be a lot of conflicting advice online about what this setting should be, with several websites saying it should be >100 for the particular kind of coils I’ve been wrapping.

I understand that this setting is changed based on the coefficient of resistance for materials within particular temperature ranges, but wanted to post here for some specific billet box & vape shell combo advice.

Can anyone suggest the particular setting they use, or how to vary & test different TCR settings with this set up?

I found it a bit confusing at first. Stealthvape have the number listed as 879. These numbers are actually decimals. So Stealthvape's number should be 0.000879. in terms of the SXK interface this should be 87, or 88 if you round up, rather than just truncating the 9

There's a good thread here:

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...d-vaping/threads/tcr-values-for-ss316.108214/

Having said all that, I found the temp control on the SXK to be junk - didn't work for me at all

I found it a bit confusing at first. Stealthvape have the number listed as 879. These numbers are actually decimals. So Stealthvape's number should be 0.000879. in terms of the SXK interface this should be 87, or 88 if you round up, rather than just truncating the 9

There's a good thread here:

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...d-vaping/threads/tcr-values-for-ss316.108214/

Having said all that, I found the temp control on the SXK to be junk - didn't work for me at all
Thanks, that’s a bit clearer.

What differences did you find with the DNA board in terms of temp control? Did you get a more consistent temperature vape, or were you getting dry hits with the sxk? What was different? I’m not sure how to tell whether I’m getting the temp control right or not.

The SXK was all over the place for me - super hot, burning cotton. Then no vapour at all. I've played with DNAs and YiHis a fair bit, so it wasn't user error. I was even able to put the Borro straight into a DNA60, and it behaves as expected

Thanks, that’s a bit clearer.

What differences did you find with the DNA board in terms of temp control? Did you get a more consistent temperature vape, or were you getting dry hits with the sxk? What was different? I’m not sure how to tell whether I’m getting the temp control right or not.

The SXK was all over the place for me - super hot, burning cotton. Then no vapour at all. I've played with DNAs and YiHis a fair bit, so it wasn't user error. I was even able to put the Borro straight into a DNA60, and it behaves as expected

Interesting. I haven’t had huge leaps in temperature, but it’s not reliable. Sometimes I’m getting almost no vapour at all, but that can be due to me being stingy with the wattage that I’ll give the coil. Once it’s heated up it tends to be fairly consistent. In my limited experience.

Hello,

Just received my BB sxk 60 but i didn't found the way to enter the set up mode... Holding both fire & up does not work...

Thanks

Hello,

Just received my BB sxk 60 but i didn't found the way to enter the set up mode... Holding both fire & up does not work...

Thanks

Press your fire button 5 times and then hold down the +/- buttons, that should put you in the right place.

Glad this post came up, I took a guess at 80 so learnt something new :)

I did try the SXK but found I couldn't get a happy medium, the DNA's have been better.

That said most of my builds are MTL over 1 Ohm, the only bridge I've found TC useful for is the Insider (only one I had dry hits from), the rest are fine in normal wattage.

Back
Top Bottom