What's new

Digital scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

pex

Postman
Hi all,time to ditch those syringes so any recommendations on some scales? Thanks in advance [emoji106]

Check my list stuck in new user section. Post 6 is everything DIY and a couple of links for scales on there

Oh that's weird I was about to put a set up in the classes!

But learn from my mistake, I'm putting these in the classies because they only mix up to 200 mls (well, 200g). Not the end of the world because you can hit tare and go again, but if you are regularly going for more than 200mls it will get old fast!

Scales you can't go far wrong, you want jewellery or coffee scales that do at least to 0.1g and hold the weight of the bottle toy are trying to make up - so a 500ml bottle will need a scale to 500g

Got my new ones coming today from Amazon for £8.

Oh that's weird I was about to put a set up in the classes!

But learn from my mistake, I'm putting these in the classies because they only mix up to 200 mls (well, 200g). Not the end of the world because you can hit tare and go again, but if you are regularly going for more than 200mls it will get old fast!

Scales you can't go far wrong, you want jewellery or coffee scales that do at least to 0.1g and hold the weight of the bottle toy are trying to make up - so a 500ml bottle will need a scale to 500g

Got my new ones coming today from Amazon for £8.

Great to know,usually mix up to 500ml,testers obviously smaller. Thanks for pointing me on the right lines[emoji106]

Welcome to the superior side of mixing by weight. Enjoy your free time with no more washing up etc.

Exactly my friend......got there after a mear 4 years

Omg mixing 500ml with syringes hahahaha, got this mental image of filling a 500ml bottle with a 10ml syringe!

Only mixed once or twice by mls and it is what can officially be termed a ball-ache. You'll be kicking yourself for not moving to scales sooner!

Amazon linky

This is the style I have, you might find them cheaper elsewhere.

Down to 0.01g which is useful for 5ml testers for Inawera or Flavour art. Just bear in mind they won't "kick in" at very low weighs until about 0.06g , for example, on mine, if I want to add 0.02g (of WS23 say) it won't register, so i add a larger ingredient first then count up from the new weight without taring out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom