What's new

Help - Reaming out my bottom?

rimmer.jpg

Yes reaming

Update:

Still haven't solved this. And the drilling out of the bottom looks tricky. It's simple really I need to buy a SR (2.0 - 2.5 ohm) atomizer with the same size hole in it as Boge Cartomizers. If I can't get a recommend I am going to rip a Boge apart and use that as a drill guide. Serious stuff.

Vapourhut.com sell some atties they recommend for bottom feeding. So, wallet out (sighs)...

I think I am going to call this bottom feeding malarkey squonching.

What are you doing? "Vaping on my bottom feeder" might get me into trouble.

What are you doing? "Squonching" sound more - cuddly.

I finally did it, reamed out my bottom. I found the right size drill and carefully aligned it with the bottom orifice. I used the original hole as a pilot and drilled very slowly and carefully. The material was some sort of alloy and I plodded on with it, carefully. I kept checking the drill's penetration against the shaft. The little filleted insert went right the way up to the interior of the atomizer. I didn't drill fully through to the bottom of the chamber.

I carefully blew out all and any debris - though most of this had fallen out in the drilling. I checked the sealing ring between + and - to ensure there was no metal lodged in it which would bridge the connections. I put a tiny bit of juice in the atty and... I have a 650 mah Ego battery which is my least used and cherished vaping power source. I used this that on the basis of there being a bang when I tried my reamed out atomizer, this I would shed few tears over.

I fired up. Nothing. Somewhere in the process I suspect one of the tiny heating wire connections either broke or came adrift. The atomizer is now in the bin.

Please say you didn't actually blow out all any any debris from your bottom :D if we had a forum awards this surely will go down as one of the greatest threads ever!

I'm sorry to hear your first bottom reaming was a blow out. Maybe the lack of lubrication shook something loose deep inside?

Back
Top Bottom