B5784D2B-4B9A-4D35-BB40-E143EC8E2AAC.jpeg
24307411-3CC3-4D84-A562-E24C886E9887.jpeg
17D1EE9E-1971-470D-B9C0-8112D32FC278.jpeg
268BA300-D13B-4A93-8B91-BA2698387D48.jpeg
B28112E7-8E14-4D71-9F16-C7F289452A99.jpeg
9855431A-D146-454C-BAA1-9AEF9F6C93B3.jpeg
6AFD93B9-0C87-43F0-931B-BF75DCB62D40.jpeg
F0AE99FC-0BC9-4AC0-ABF0-8B3CC50B30D0.jpeg
Although not a mesh RDA Exclusively......

Back in the day, mesh meant genesis atomisers, horrendous and I mean stupidly ridiculous dry hits and instant death.....I knew of at least 3 vapers personally who died from inhaling a dry hit from mesh...….it was that bad.....honest

Ive seen a good few mesh tanks and drippers appear over the last few months, and to be totally honest, I gave them nowt but a second look and a ppppffffffttttt as I remembered the dry hit and instant death that these vapers would eventually encounter.....

But no, there wasn't any reports of instant death from mesh so I began to garner some interest and did a little research.

So When Antonio from @WOTOFO @WotofoOfficial contacted me and asked me to review the Profile, whilst I was happy to do it, a little voice in my head remined me of the near death experience that @South Coast Vaper suffered using mesh.....

So a few days later, I received the package containing the Profile. Now, if theres something that Wotofo do well and that's packaging. From the striking black and bright green colour, to the actual contents.....If you ignore the actual colour of the RDA (its gold, not real gold obviously) the package contained the RDA itself, a second clear 810 driptip, a packet of mesh "coils" a very decent phillips screwdriver, a tool to curl your mesh OR wrap your coils, cotton, like a ton of cotton, and a massive bag of spare 'o' rings, grub screws and springs......oh, and a squonk pin.

Now, talking of squonk pins and springs, mine came already with the squonk pin in. Now, for those of you that squonk, then this next bit isn't going to be of any concern to you....you can skip this next bit...…

Now, swapping the squonk pin for the normal pin is whats known as a "Faff" (ive used a capital F for good reason) Using the supplied allen or hex key tool (did I mention that comes with it as well?) you unscrew the squonk pin, the negative post then loosens then the spring will fly out to be lost forever.

Bollocks

No fear though, because wotofo supply 3 spare ones in the bag of spares. I suspect they included 3 spares because they maybe know that this may be a problem, because its also a "Faff" (theres the capital F again) with installing it as I lost another when it bent out of shape when I installed the 2nd one. Once this was successfully installed we was good to go...….

As you can see from the pics, the Profile uses a clamp system to hold your mesh (or coils) And with the mesh strips already cut to shape for you in the supplied pack, the installation of the said mesh strips was stupidly easy. Place one end in the clamp, tighten up and do the same to the other side. A quick dry burn and your good to go. Start to finish is 30 seconds. Ive used 3 of the mesh coils and ive not had any hot spots in any. Now you add your cotton...……

Now, when I opened the box of cotton I thought "that's a lot of cotton" :D and indeed it is, but its for good reason. Don't be seduced into wicking this like a "normal" dripper....you need cotton, and lots of it. You see the "arch" of the mesh? you need to fill that....any gaps, and its near instant death from a dry mesh hit. Put enough cotton to fill it, but wick it so that the cotton can just about move when you feed the cotton in. Don't be shy....stuff it in....and also make sure you put enough cotton "tail" into the juice well. After you've done this, your good to go.....

This RDA can hold a ridiculous amount of juice because of the amount of wick used. Keep it wet at all times...seriously soak it and keep it soaked. Do this and you will be rewarded. This RDA will deliver a great vape. The airflow is weird, but weird in a good way. The positioning of the airflow seems wrong, you actually have to place the airholes on the cap counter intuitive to what you think. To this end, wotofo have put notches in the deck floor to ensure that the cap will only fit one way, otherwise I would guess that the flavour would decrease massively if putting the cap on what I would have said the "right" way.

The mesh is rated at 0.20ohms, so you don't need silly watts to get it going, it works as soon as you hit the power button for near instant vaping. I only used this on a regulated mod, but this will work like a dream on a mech or unregulated box.

So clouds? yeah, but this really isn't an RDA that's built for massive clouds.....its about the flavour. And it delivers that well, VERY well. The flavour from mesh is surprisingly clean, add to that the airflow and the reduced size of the chamber, and you have yourself an RDA that is very very decent.

In conclusion, this is an RDA that I had very low expectations of, and was actually happily surprised by it. The quality of it, the packaging and presentation was on point.

Got one at the Manchester vape show & liked it that much got another. One caveat is rewicking with non stock cotton is a learning curve. When you think you've put too much in, add more :D. Also the mesh only needs the slightest dent or kink & hotspots for fun no matter how well you wick :(

Got one at the Manchester vape show & liked it that much got another. One caveat is rewicking with non stock cotton is a learning curve. When you think you've put too much in, add more :D. Also the mesh only needs the slightest dent or kink & hotspots for fun no matter how well you wick :(
ive yet to experience that, but I take onboard your suggestion :D

Great review from @MrTeaTime well done mate .......:2thumbsup:.......
Got one of these on order myself which i ordered early today so your review has come just in time really looking forward to getting mine now.....

ive yet to experience that, but I take onboard your suggestion :D
You only get one cotton with the RDA (2 mesh :hmm: though) so unless you order their cotton you need to use what's at hand. A full Muji pad does the job or a full Cotton Bacon strip. I had issues on the second rewick & used a ton of cotton. Noticed while giving it a quick dry burn tiny hotspots brighter than the sun. Changed the mesh & problem solved. The mesh is fine until it gets the slightest bit out of shape. Would still highly recommend this RDA, especially if squonking, but treat the mesh like it's a fragile heirloom.
Good tip in the Wotofo section regarding rewicking & a couple on yt.

You only get one cotton with the RDA (2 mesh :hmm: though) so unless you order their cotton you need to use what's at hand. A full Muji pad does the job or a full Cotton Bacon strip. I had issues on the second rewick & used a ton of cotton. Noticed while giving it a quick dry burn tiny hotspots brighter than the sun. Changed the mesh & problem solved. The mesh is fine until it gets the slightest bit out of shape. Would still highly recommend this RDA, especially if squonking, but treat the mesh like it's a fragile heirloom.
Good tip in the Wotofo section regarding rewicking & a couple on yt.
flavour any better with CB?

flavour any better with CB?
Couldn't tell due to the hotspotting/dry hits :rotflmao:. It was the last of my V2 so glad to see the back of it. Fluff has been good though & reckon CB Prime should be fine. Ended up getting more Wotofo cotton & mesh when I ordered my 2nd one for convenience but still running the first one on Fluff & all is good :)2.

Couldn't tell due to the hotspotting/dry hits :rotflmao:. It was the last of my V2 so glad to see the back of it. Fluff has been good though & reckon CB Prime should be fine. Ended up getting more Wotofo cotton & mesh when I ordered my 2nd one for convenience but still running the first one on Fluff & all is good :)2.
to be fair I got a box full along with the rda…..it be fair, if its muji then its very decent

Back
Top Bottom