What's new

Review Darkstar Bottle Shot ZOLO SMOOTH + Guide

It’s worth adding it, I’ve added 1ml of 72mg to a 10ml bottle of 0 nic. It will have a negligible effect on flavour in my experience.

Fair comment, I've not got any 72mg yet so haven't tried it, but it's information that's worth adding for those that do, the ready mixed is a lot quicker and you don't need to work out a recipe, but it's not difficult, I printed the 2 variants off so just go back to them for my mix plus it's cheaper, living up to my name and penny pinching :p

Going to revise though as it's relevant info that user should know thanks.

**Pre coffee mind fart post! - just realised zouzounaki was referring to the 10ml sample bottle**
Still going to revise my post as it's a bit biased to my personal choice.

Last edited:
It will work with any size bottle though. 1ml to 10ml makes it 7.2mg, so would 5ml to 50ml. It tasted fine.

I ordered Zolo off this review, waiting for it to come. I have also ordered their Koolada with it to make it chilled without altering the flavor profile. Thoughts? I am generally a fan of citrus/menthol (new to vaping though) and I thought the fruits paired with Koolada will give me something I am looking for.

I ordered Zolo off this review, waiting for it to come. I have also ordered their Koolada with it to make it chilled without altering the flavor profile. Thoughts? I am generally a fan of citrus/menthol (new to vaping though) and I thought the fruits paired with Koolada will give me something I am looking for.
I'm not a fan of Koolada, from what I gather it's quite strong so perhaps message Darkstar as to how much to add, also remember this will increase your PG ratio so bear that in mind when working out the final mix, if you have ordered the 85/15 premix then expect it to be slightly thinner depending on how much Koolada you add.

Let us know if it works out as those that like koolada means a few of the Darkstar range could benefit from it.

I'm not a fan of Koolada, from what I gather it's quite strong so perhaps message Darkstar as to how much to add, also remember this will increase your PG ratio so bear that in mind when working out the final mix, if you have ordered the 85/15 premix then expect it to be slightly thinner depending on how much Koolada you add.

Let us know if it works out as those that like koolada means a few of the Darkstar range could benefit from it.
I went for their starter kit, which comes with a high VG base mix. Pretty good value for 10 pounds plus shipping. Their website says 0.2 to 4%. So if I target somewhere between 1-2%, I am looking at 2.5-5ml for a 250ml bottle. Will ballpark it for now and update once it is ready.

So I have a steeping question. Got myself a Zolo Smooth and another one day to go. But the thing is, I do not have the patience to wait that long. So I want to try some of it.

Logic dictates that even if I fill a tank now, the remaining juice in the bottle should continue to steep just fine. Is that so? Or does siphoning off a small amount of the unsteeped mixture in the beginning affect the overall flavor profile?

I've often had a sneak taste before the full bottles steeped, go for it, the rest will steep fine.

I assume you are shaking the bejeezus out of it when you can, the less in the bottle actually helps it bubble easier.

I've often had a sneak taste before the full bottles steeped, go for it, the rest will steep fine.

I assume you are shaking the bejeezus out of it when you can, the less in the bottle actually helps it bubble easier.
Just what I was looking for. My next question would have been how much to shake. I will proceed with the sneak tasting and shake the bajeezus out of the rest of it until it is time :D

I shake as much as I can until there's millions of bubbles, it should look murky, let that settle, I do it a few times a day on fresh mixes or with shortfills that don't seem to have much flavour.

I shake as much as I can until there's millions of bubbles, it should look murky, let that settle, I do it a few times a day on fresh mixes or with shortfills that don't seem to have much flavour.
Thanks. I will keep on shaking.

Early impressions with Koolada (1 day of steeping): clouds are aplenty, but the flavors are kinda muted (but this is my first subohm juice, so maybe my expectations are off). Initially started at 35-40 watts on a 0.6ohm coil, but the vapor was too warm for my liking. Now down to 13-17 watt range in a Merlin Mini. Ball parked a tiny amount of Koolada in the mix, as I did not have a syringe. Liking the slight cool aftereffect that Koolada leaves behind. Works well with non-warm vapor.

Back
Top Bottom