What's new

Adding Sour

Gitchy

Achiever
I've been mucking about trying to make sour juices lately. It's just something I like at the moment. It was menthol a couple of months ago and now I like sour fruity juice.

I'm wondering what people do to add a sourness to their mixes? I have Lorann tart and sour and find it can be a bit hit or miss. I find it takes a couple of weeks to get the sour then it seems to fade quite quickly. Is there another way?

I think sour flavour is a bit elusive. By the time you've added enough to make a difference, it mutes all the other flavours out of the game.
I've tried TPA Sour, TPA Sweet and Tart, and Inawera So Sour, So Good and they do sour things a tiny bit, but not enough to get excited about (for me anyway)

PS TPA Sour is straight up Malic acid which is the sharp element in an apple. The other way to go is Citric Acid, which is the lemon sour (obvs)

Last edited:
https://vapable.com/product/sour-ball-candy-wonder-flavours-super-concentrated/

there's this too...

Wonder Flavours Sour Ball Candy SC Concentrate gives the sharp taste of a classic sour candy to compliment confectionery and fruit mixes. Intended to be used as an additive rather than a stand-alone, this concentrate provides a sharp and tangy note that many users have reported as quite light, so it shouldn’t overpower a mix. Wonder Flavours Sour Ball Candy Concentrate will complement most fruits, confectionery and beverage mixes and tastes particularly good with citrus mixes such as pink lemonade.

Sour unfortunately isn't truly possible in DIY juice at the moment, no one has figured it out. There's the concentrates labelled as sour but none of them actually give you a proper "sour" feel.

Sour unfortunately isn't truly possible in DIY juice at the moment, no one has figured it out. There's the concentrates labelled as sour but none of them actually give you a proper "sour" feel.

Interesting, there's plenty of sour tasting sweets out there, you'd think it would be easy. :hmm:

Do you think it's the fact we are vaping it and not chewing it that makes it hard to recreate, it's a very tongue taste thing I suppose?

Interesting, there's plenty of sour tasting sweets out there, you'd think it would be easy. :hmm:

Do you think it's the fact we are vaping it and not chewing it that makes it hard to recreate, it's a very tongue taste thing I suppose?

I've no idea what the reason is. I've never tried any sour "premium" juices but apparently some of them have achieved it which is why I mentioned not possible in DIY. I've seen quite a few discussions on Reddit about it but never seen anyone mention how they get the sour

I've no idea what the reason is. I've never tried any sour "premium" juices but apparently some of them have achieved it which is why I mentioned not possible in DIY. I've seen quite a few discussions on Reddit about it but never seen anyone mention how they get the sour

it's maybe just about finding the right combination and adding things that are a bit outside of the box.... which might be a virtually impossible task I guess. :D

We need a good salty taste too, which I've tasted before in liquids but there's no 'drop in' salt flavourings available either.

Thanks for the replies. As I said I've only tried tart and sour but that's not consistent enough for me. The sour seems to come and go and although I'm not looking for a proper mouth gurning sour taste I would like a mild one that just stays with the juice as it steeps. I'll try some of these suggestions.

I know that Tart and Sour is a combo of Citric and Malic acid so it could be that they're muting my juices a little.

I've been mucking about trying to make sour juices lately. It's just something I like at the moment. It was menthol a couple of months ago and now I like sour fruity juice.

I'm wondering what people do to add a sourness to their mixes? I have Lorann tart and sour and find it can be a bit hit or miss. I find it takes a couple of weeks to get the sour then it seems to fade quite quickly. Is there another way?
Hi mate. Just purchased Sour Ball Candy by Wonder Flavours. I heard it goes well with many fruits. Im about to try it out tomorrow. Made a mix of that with some Flavour Art Pazzo King and it should be finished it's steep. I'll let you know what it's like very soon. Almost midnight here now so not long, to go.

Back
Top Bottom