What's new

Who uses Bypass mode, and why?

lucifah

Postman
I'm just curious if anybody actually uses Bypass mode on their regulated mods, and why?
Why would anyone turn a regulated into a semi-mech (presumably safeguards are still in place), which likely has less raw performance than an actual mech?

It's a serious question. I just don't understand the purpose of it.

Nope never use it, why would I buy a VV/VW mod then use it like a direct output stick?

Nope never use it, why would I buy a VV/VW mod then use it like a direct output stick?

Exactly that's what baffles me ;) Yet almost every regulated device I own has that option for some strange reason.

Exactly that's what baffles me ;) Yet almost every regulated device I own has that option for some strange reason.

One manufacturer puts in in as an option, then all the others add that option and add another option .... ad nauseam.

50w mod with VV, 80w mod with VV and VW, 100w mod with VV, VW and TC, 130w mod with VV, VW, TC and Boost, 140w mod with VV, VW TC, Boost and Power curves, 160w mod with VV, VW, TC, Boost, Power Curves and Bypass, 200w mod with VV, VW, TC, Boost, Power Curves, Bypass and Custom TCR, when there's nothing left to add they make pods with no features and the cycle start again or start adding LED's.

One manufacturer puts in in as an option, then all the others add that option and add another option .... ad nauseam.

50w mod with VV, 80w mod with VV and VW, 100w mod with VV, VW and TC, 130w mod with VV, VW, TC and Boost, 140w mod with VV, VW TC, Boost and Power curves, 160w mod with VV, VW, TC, Boost, Power Curves and Bypass, 200w mod with VV, VW, TC, Boost, Power Curves, Bypass and Custom TCR, when there's nothing left to add they make pods with no features and the cycle start again or start adding LED's.

Haha yes, that's a very good explanation of the phenomenon!
As world and dog throw pods on the market, I'm now waiting for a pod with rev counter!

Haha yes, that's a very good explanation of the phenomenon!
As world and dog throw pods on the market, I'm now waiting for a pod with rev counter!

I'm surprised nobody as put a step counter in one ..... but maybe I shouldn't be giving them ideas.

It’s a good question. I was quite wondering about this myself. Interested to hear from anyone who actually uses it (?)

I want a TV with all the latest features but with a setting on it that only lets you watch BBC1, BBC2, ITV and Channel 4, automatically fixes the ratio 4:3 and can recreate the 'snow' effect with the push of a button ..... a button on the TV of course because the setting also disables the remote, so you have to get up to change channels for the authentic retro experience.

I use bypass mode when testing my builds before putting them on my mechs.

But the reason for this is I don't have a dedicated ohms reader or tab, so I use a regulated mod for safety, in bypass mode to see how the build will perform.

Back
Top Bottom