What's new

Inevitable salix clone released

eyeball kid

Legend
I won't put a link but it's on ft already and at a bargain £12 delivered including slam cap.
Made by ulton who I've had some excellent 1:1 clones from recently.
If you can afford a genuine it seems to be universally gaining praise and its good to support the local boy's, but if your skint, needs must as the devil drives.
As you where.

I just too delivery of two.
It is going to take a bit of work to get them up and running.
Folk on the ft forum seem to love them so either I have been unlucky or everyone is using thicker wire than me.

My problem is the grub screws are two short to get a proper grip on the thickest wire I use (28 awg)
By the time I have screwed it far enough to reach the wire it is so far through the block and out the other side that there is not enough thread on the screw gripping the female thread that it just starts spinning and will not tighten.

Longer screws will fix it. Thicker wire, Twisted coil legs or various other options to get it working.
Not looking for advice, Just passing on info that might be relevent to others.

Sorry to hear that @oldhippydude . Mine is good with 30awg wire, the grub screws are long enough to be able to screw tight against the other side and still grip the threads.

Which clones did you get? Mine is the ultem one, it cost about a tenner. If you got them from fasttech it’s worth opening a ticket and explaining the fault, they might send you right screws for it. Or at worst a partial refund via a credit note. I’ve found their customer service to be okay.

It’s a great atty, hopefully you can get them working.

Sorry to hear that @oldhippydude . Mine is good with 30awg wire, the grub screws are long enough to be able to screw tight against the other side and still grip the threads.

Which clones did you get? Mine is the ultem one, it cost about a tenner. If you got them from fasttech it’s worth opening a ticket and explaining the fault, they might send you right screws for it. Or at worst a partial refund via a credit note. I’ve found their customer service to be okay.

It’s a great atty, hopefully you can get them working.

I got the same one.
I am making progress.
The screw for the lower wire seems fine on both attys. Both screws for the lower wires were spinning before getting a grip.
The screws seem to be M3 3mm and I have managed to swap for another M3 3mm and think I have one screwing all the way across.
There is probably only a fraction of a mm between a working screw and one that is too short.

Somewhere along the lines I have got not long enough screws mixed in with screws yet to test. (sloppy practice)
Anyway I will get them both working but have had enough for now. I am having a drink then putting the stuff away. Tomorrow I will play with my new Narca. An atty with proper screws.

I will pick up some M3 4mm or longer sometime. The block the screws go through will easily accommodate a 4mm screw even if a wire filled the whole wire slot. i could get away with a 5mm and perhaps 6mm screw with my 28 awg wire.

I just had a look at mine, didn’t take the screws out but there’s a good bit of room there even with the 30awg coil I have screwed in it. It must be that we got different screws supplied. One of the hazards of clones I suppose.

Like I said I think it’s a great dripper, I’d be interested to hear your thoughts once you get it up and running. It doesn’t seem that popular on here for some reason.

Somewhat forgotten since the demise of Eden Mods :(
There are quite a few appearing regularly on fab groups and I believe there may be one in the Raffle ;)

I just had a look at mine, didn’t take the screws out but there’s a good bit of room there even with the 30awg coil I have screwed in it. It must be that we got different screws supplied. One of the hazards of clones I suppose.

Like I said I think it’s a great dripper, I’d be interested to hear your thoughts once you get it up and running. It doesn’t seem that popular on here for some reason.

Up and running. 1 ohm 28 awg .
Is that about 1.5 mm air insert.
with the shorter cap. looks good on my smpl.
Vapes good is my first impressions
For a single coil building and positioning is easy.
Looks promising.
Does need longer screws. I have got a stable connection for now but the screw is not holding on to much and before I got it stable it was jumping all over the place but only in the safe direction ( everywhere from 1ohm to 75 ohms)

I think the inserts are 0.8, 1.0, 1.5 then the bigger rectangular one. Aye, I really like how it’s designed inside. It’s so easy to build (when you have the right size screws, obviously). Very smooth and quiet, I find.

I think the inserts are 0.8, 1.0, 1.5 then the bigger rectangular one. Aye, I really like how it’s designed inside. It’s so easy to build (when you have the right size screws, obviously). Very smooth and quiet, I find.

Enjoying it better than my other attys at the moment Royal Hunter single coil about 1 ohm and Tobh v2 dual 0.8 ohm.
Reluctant to say it is better as a fair test would require new builds but am willing to consider it might be.

Oddly i have just got 10 of my favourite drip tip. At least 80% of my vaping has been with the same drip tip, chosen after testing quite a few.
My favourite drip tip- a bit longer and narrower bore is crap on this compared to the plastic nonsense it came with. A metal Derringer drip tip might be my solution to getting rid of the plastic tip. Testing that now.

Might have to get another one or two (and longer screws).

I hope this connection holds up long enough for me to decide.

@oldhippydude I read on the FT forum it wants M3x3, I have some M3x4 kicking around if you want some, just pop me a PM :D

Back
Top Bottom