What's new

Super springy ss316 26awg

There’s different grades of stainless 316

Personally, I think the mass imported wire merchants deliver shoddy product to vapers, and corner shops are by and large clueless. I’d suggest buying from an expert like @stealthvape

These days I always use the crazy wire company, the last couple of times purely because stealthvape were it of stock of some stuff I was after. The crazy wire stuff has always been good imo but I know some others seem to dislike them.
I've found the same recently. I think historically it was a bit of a lottery if you ended up with what you ordered with Crazywire. I found if you use them via eBay you always get the right order. They've upped their game recently, all their wires come in sealed labelled packets

Aye I’ve never had a problem with them, may have simply been luck at first but you’re right they seem to have improved recently. Better quality bobbins, as well, with a recent purchase.

Thanks all for the help.

So I heated the wire until it glowed, whilst applying tension with some pliers, it worked and made it much better. Not perfect though.

I've actually managed to make a coil, that works and came out at 0.45 ohms and heats evenly fromfthd middle. I'm pretty happy with that. The legs were the worst part, judging the extra wrap as such to account for the spring back. I'm definitely going to try some wire from stealth vape.

I'm getting some quite warm spit back though, wicking well, I'm thinking too well, so might try a bit more cotton.

Thanks

Thanks all for the help.

So I heated the wire until it glowed, whilst applying tension with some pliers, it worked and made it much better. Not perfect though.

I've actually managed to make a coil, that works and came out at 0.45 ohms and heats evenly fromfthd middle. I'm pretty happy with that. The legs were the worst part, judging the extra wrap as such to account for the spring back. I'm definitely going to try some wire from stealth vape.

I'm getting some quite warm spit back though, wicking well, I'm thinking too well, so might try a bit more cotton.

Thanks
PM me your address and I'll send you some Stealthvape 316l in 24 and 26awg to try. I'll be honest and say its not as good to work with as kanthal, ni80, Nife30 etc but it ain't no ti01 springy, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom