Vape Club
What's new

interesting paper on nicotine

dahut

Achiever
enjoy guys
"We propose that e-cig users (vapers) achieve measurable serum nicotine levels when they inhale nicotine and nicotyrine together, because nicotyrine reversibly inhibits nicotine metabolism by CYP2A13 in airways. Consuming nicotyrine by any route should irreversibly inhibit hepatic CYP2A6. When CYP2A6 is substantially inhibited, nicotine clearance is delayed and nicotine withdrawal symptoms are attenuated. Small, relatively infrequent nicotine doses can then sustain satisfying nicotine levels."
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987715002212

Elux
Cheers...I think. If anyone could explain this report in plain English that’d be great, going for a lie down now

from what i read u need some oxidised nicotine to help the nicotine be absorbed probably into the body ,
without nicotyrine -oxidized nicotine- u cant absorb as much nicotine ??

copy from link-
"nicotyrine is not an incidental contaminant, but an important component in many e-cig aerosols that successfully deliver nicotine to users. To achieve a satisfying serum nicotine level in vapers with normal CYP2A13 activity, e-cigs must do at least one of the following: (1) aerosolize partially oxidized e-liquids; (2) oxidize some nicotine in the process of aerosolization; (3) "

Last edited:
AcmeFog
any scientists or anyone with a iq higher than mine ie 20+ could shed some light here i would be greatfull :D

Royal Flush Vape
So basically its like putting a chem like sponge in yourself to soak up the nic better?...
it stops the body from producing something that inhibits the body metabolising nic in airways
so yes in lay mans terms seems so
amazing read

now pondering on my whole diy routine :hmm:

nicotine base premade a month or two in advance and perhaps aired to promote a slight oxidization of the nicotine seems the way forward

Last edited:
Vape Green
In simple terms, nicotyrine prevents the break down of nicotine, meaning it stays in your body longer, reducing the amount you need to vape.

Vape Superstore
No, not slow release @StrawberryRipple . What @Ment said is right, this substance prevents or slows the nic being metabolised so it floats around in your system longer. It’s not slow release, more like slow breakdown.

Interested by article, thanks @dahut . I wonder what the implications are for salt nic? As I understand it it doesn’t oxidise the way freebase does.

Back
Top Bottom