What's new

One drill to rule them all

A frother is a small electrical whisk. A whisk is used to incorporate air into whatever you're mixing (egg whites for example when making meringue, milk to make froth/foam). Even if you're not mixing enough to "froth" your juice the whisk is still doing its job of aerating a mixture.

Adding this will accelerate the oxidation of your nicotine, giving you the infamous pepper taste of bad nic.

I've no sources for the following sentence sorry, only what I've learnt from reading up on a lot of different places over time: Your flavours are made up of various volatiles that evaporate, fruit flavours for example have the smallest volatiles so the evaporation can be exacerbated by venting or aerating.

I only ask as I have seen you say this a few times

I know all about the whisking, I used to be a juice vendor on here with my own range of juices

I always used a coffee frother / larger version to mix all my juices and yes you do aerate them slightly but not to an extent that you would do any of the above

None of my juices ever suffered from the infamous peppery nic
I still diy and still use this method with no effects whatsoever

Unless you have some evidence of this apart from being anecdotal I don’t think you can rely on this information tbh

^^^ This. Even if you shake shit out of a bottle your introducing air bubbles into the mix. Then there's advice to let juice breathe, allowing evaporation of flavours & introducing fresh air/oxygen into the mix. Bottom line is if it works for you, use which ever method you wish.

I only ask as I have seen you say this a few times

I know all about the whisking, I used to be a juice vendor on here with my own range of juices

I always used a coffee frother / larger version to mix all my juices and yes you do aerate them slightly but not to an extent that you would do any of the above

None of my juices ever suffered from the infamous peppery nic
I still diy and still use this method with no effects whatsoever

Unless you have some evidence of this apart from being anecdotal I don’t think you can rely on this information tbh

To be honest mate for home use it probably doesn't make much difference unless you're going mental and frothing up your mixes like a latte. I just like to be better safe than sorry.

To be honest mate for home use it probably doesn't make much difference unless you're going mental and frothing up your mixes like a latte. I just like to be better safe than sorry.

I was making up 5litres at a time and trust me it doesn’t make any difference then either

As @nwhornet said it’s the same aeration as shaking it

I dont know what to believe anymore. At times, I get peppery taste just with shaking. Sometimes, no peppery taste even with frother. Probably it all comes down to my nic. I only have access to the one brand my local shop carries.

So... I just go with the faster/more convenient method: frother. And hope for the best.

I dont know what to believe anymore. At times, I get peppery taste just with shaking. Sometimes, no peppery taste even with frother. Probably it all comes down to my nic. I only have access to the one brand my local shop carries.

So... I just go with the faster/more convenient method: frother. And hope for the best.

Peppery nic is most of the time down to the quality of the nic itself, also sometimes the age and storage of the nic

Peppery nic is most of the time down to the quality of the nic itself, also sometimes the age and storage of the nic

The country i live in i only get 10ml of 20mg nic shots. I keep them in the paperbox they came in and store in the fridge (npt freezer). The age? The current batch will expire end of 2020.

You can also get a peppery taste from TFA vanilla bean ice cream if you're one of the unfortunate ones. The compound used to make vanilla flavours is closely related to capsaicin

I read the opinion of a professional chemist that the intensity of mixing is not very significant.
More important is the temperature of 50-60 ° С for the e-liquid making.

Back
Top Bottom