What's new

Review HORIZON Falcon Tank Resin ARTISAN EDITION + Giveaway

Breaking away from my 'bought with my own money' reviews, this tank was supplied by https://www.vaporl.com for review, after a discussion with them I pointed out that my reviews would not be influenced by 'Free Stuff'.

vaporllogo.png

To keep my reviews credible and to prove I am not influenced by freebies I am going to give this tank away.
(I only had 1 supplied for review).
Details for the giveaway at the end of the review.

So anyway, for todays review we have the:
HORIZON FALCON SUB OHM TANK RESIN ARTISAN EDITION - 5ML/7ML
https://www.vaporl.com/horizon-falcon-sub-ohm-tank-resin-artisan-edition.html
Price $25.00 USD

Falcon-1.jpg

Falcon-3.jpg

My measurements and other specs:
Tank Length: 55mm including 510 pin - 50.1mm tall when fitted to mod.
Base Diameter: 25.2mm
Glass Tube Diameter: 5 ML = 24mm, 7ml (Bubble) = 28.2mm
Capacity: 5ml or 7ml
Coil option: M2,M-Triple
Wattage: 70-85W
Thread: 510
Drip Tip: 510 hybrid
Colour options: Black, Blue, Cyan, Camo , Yellow/Green, Crimson

Package Includes:
1 x Falcon Resin-Artisan Tank with M-Tripe coil
1 x Extra M2 coil
1 x 510 Drip Tip
1 x Glass Tube
1 x O rings set

Falcon-4.jpg

First impressions and stripdown:
I was sent the Blue edition version, it comes presented in a rather cool stand style container with clear plastic so you can see the tank, it's preinstalled with the 7ML bubble glass and M Triple Mesh Coil, easy peel tape to open it up, it's mounted on a rather handy stand that can be used as an atty stand, underneath that is a 5ml spare glass if you don't like the bubble glass plus a baggie of spare seals and an extra brand new Mesh Coil, the M2 large single bore.

The 'Artisan Resin' is simply superb quality, very smooth and a nice compact pattern, it has a matching 510 drip tip (looks like an 810 but isn't - more on that later), clear glass unlike the previous 'rainbow' resin version, matching colour o-rings and silver rings gives it a nice finish.

The bottom airflow has an improved 3 slot stopper design which is a nice tight'ish' fit.

Stripping it down
  • First thing to pop off was the drip tip, I found it really odd that it looked like an 810 tip when it is in fact a 510 tip which has a wide bore upper, the reason for this became apparent when using the tank.
  • Next was the top filler cap, this is simply a quarter turn anti clockwise to remove which again I wasn't quite sure about, thinking you could easily undo it by accident.
  • The actual filler cap has 2 large slots which was nice to see and I am able to fill it with larger dropper bottle nozzles (such as the Darkstar ones)
  • Unscrew the base to reveal the coil, the prefitted M Triple coil impressed me with it's large wicking ports and dimples to aid juice flow, something I haven't seen before, reminds me of when you poke holes into stock coils, also it has a line marked 'MIN' for the minimum reccomended juice level which is a great feature, you can see inside the bores that it's 3 coils of fine mesh.
  • The base has nothing fancy apart from the 3 slotted airflow previously mentioned.

Falcon-6.jpg

Priming and first use.
I decided to start with the prefitted M Triple Mesh coil 0.15 ohm coil (came out at 0.157) best at 80-85 watts, standard soak the cotton you can see in the juice ports and a little on top, filled the tank and let it settle for 15 minutes.
(Juice used was DarkStar ZOLO SMOOTH)

Falcon-7.jpg

M Triple Mesh Coil 0.15 Ohm 80-85 watts
So time to test this bad boy, took it outside and eased up the watts from 50 up to the lower suggested 80 watts, the flavour was insane! I was kind of expecting a similar vape to the Smok Q4 coil but it's so much better, I finally get what all the fuss about Mesh coils is about.

I soon vaped my way down to the minimum level (about 30 long puffs) so went to refill the tank, I had no issues with the top cap, it stayed nice & tight, filled it up and tried hammering it by chain vaping, the tank kept up flawlessly and didn't overheat (my mod probably got hotter).

I then tried to analize the flavour, wattage & airflow as to why this tank was delivering such intense flavour, the airflow suited me about halfway and even then the draw wasn't too warm, in fact it's a very mild draw and doesn't feel like 80 watts, the 510 to 810 drip tip just works, I tried a standard 510 tip on and it was still okay but a lot warmer so I understand why they went with the narrow to large drip tip design, the draw and airflow still feels like you are using an 810 drip tip.

M2 Mesh 0.16 Ohm rated 70-80 watts (saved the best till last!)
Having read a few reviews and watched a few videos it became clear the coil life was rated well so if I was to wait until I killed the coils it could take up to 6 weeks before I could review, so instead I have swapped coils to give my opinion on the M2 instead and get the review out sooner.

I was very impressed with the older M Triple Mesh coil but the M2 was even better!
Not only was it smaller but a slightly higher Ohm's requirement made the 7ml higher capacity so less filling, it had the same suggested minimum juice level line, 1 single bore smaller mesh gave it a more airy draw, primed it and let it settle, took it for a test and it's sublime! eased it up and put it on the higher 80 watts level, had a few tank fulls of my ZOLO SMOOTH then decided to put it through a gruelling 'coil killer' sweet thick juices, changing flavours often to give it a real strain, it just handled them perfectly, the high absorption cotton was no idle boast, it bubbled up absorbing juice on the fly and easily coped with chain vaping.

Normally I wouldn't use these juices in a regular coil tank, they are best off in a dripper or RDA but it keeps taking the punishment, the flavour is slightly better than the already flavoursome M Triple but lower wattage and juice consumption makes it my favourite coil.

**Both coils feature Cotton and Wood Pulp for better absorption and flavour, I can't say I noticed the wood pulp affecting the flavour, all I know is they both got the best flavour I've ever had on a stock coil tank**

Falcon-8.jpg

Conclusion
Upon receiving this tank for review I wasn't expecting anything special, but I am blown away with this little gem, put aside it's superb looks it's absolute pro is it's flavour production which took me by surprise, it beats my beloved Smok Prince hands down and it's on par if not better than my best flavour producing RDA (the OUMIER VLS).

Contradictory niggle, I really like the 'MIN' juice line feature to prolong the life of the coil, it's something I've tended to ignore on previous tanks and probably why my coils haven't lasted as long, however this also means the tanks real capacity is much lower as you always have to leave around 3ml in the tank, so with the 5ml glass you have to refill after using 2ml, it's better with the bubble 7ml glass which needs topping up after 4ml used, with such high wattage and high juice consumption you will find yourself having to fill a lot more than say and RTA which bottom wicks and can run almost empty.

That said the newer and better M2 coil was smaller and took more juice so less filling, I still think it's a good trade off, I would much rather refill more than kill coils prematurely.

Would I buy one if I lost this? - well I am going to loose this one (see giveaway details) so I will definitely be ordering myself a replacement!

My review wouldn't be any different if I paid for it, I ignored the fact this was supplied for review purposes.

Pros
Flavour.
FLAVOUR!
High quality design.
Eye candy.
New M2 Mesh Coil improves on the already superb M Triple Mesh.
Triple adjustable smooth airflow.
Optional glass 7 ML Bubble or 5 ML Straight.
Suggested MINIMUL juice level line.
Rivals RDA's / Squonking flavour (something I never thought I would say).
Value for money.
Low height.

Cons
Juice guzzler.
High wattage.
5ml option requires frequent top ups.
I have to give it away :(
Finding a mod to suit it.

Other Colours Available

Falcon-Resin-1.jpg

Final Thoughts.
This has to be the best tank I have ever tried, I hadn't even finished testing it and already decided to buy at least one, If the coils last as long as others have suggested it could mean the end to some of my Smok Prince's.

I'm not the only one to have rated this tank so highly and I will genuinely be sad to part with this (but I am going to make the most of the 2 coils I have until then!)

Giveaway Details.
Vaporl have allowed me to put this up as a giveaway, all you have to do to enter is leave a comment with your username, normal format:
1 - Vapaneezer Scrooge
The winner will be drawn once I've killed these coils, sadly I don't have any spares so you will need to buy a pack, previous versions of the Falcon coils also fit.

Good Luck and I hope the winner loves this tank as much as I did.

Link to product:
vaporllogo.png

https://www.vaporl.com/horizon-falcon-sub-ohm-tank-resin-artisan-edition.html

Supplier Descriptions:
Horizon Falcon Sub Ohm Tank Resin Artisan Edition is a new edition of Horizon Falcon, which equipped with new M-Triple mesh coil with 0.2ohm resistance and suits maximum output can reach to 95W. With 7ml bubble glass of e liquid and the 5ml e juice capacity for standard capacity that satisfy your daily vaping. Besides, Faclon Resin Artisan Edition utilizes top filling design, when you unscrew the top cap and inject the e-liquid directly into the holes from both sides. Moreover, the new liquid guiding element of absorbent cotton can avoid leaking. Made of new resin material, the Horizon Falcon Resin Artisan features high-end and elegant appearance with stereoscopic pattern makes cleaner and stronger. The M-Triple mesh coil with 3 holes of Horizon Falcon Resin Artisan Edition is also can compatible with the existed Falcon tanks.

So that's all, please let me know your thought's and don't forget to enter the giveaway.

Thanks for reading if you made it all the way through!

Attachments

• Falcon-2.jpg
    Falcon-2.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 397
  • Falcon-5.jpg
    Falcon-5.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 335
Great review!

It was only yesterday I was looking at purchasing one due to what I hear the flavour is like. Rip Trippers recommends this tank so hopefully I can win and save some pennies.

1. jd210991

Nice review. The Fireluke mesh coils were my introduction to mesh. Very impressed, and the mesh coils by all other manufacturers seem to be just as good.
Not an entry.

Great review!

It was only yesterday I was looking at purchasing one due to what I hear the flavour is like. Rip Trippers recommends this tank so hopefully I can win and save some pennies.

1. jd210991

The flavour production really took me by surprise, definitely buying one but the downside is it's got me looking for a matching mod - more dosh draining!

Great review buddy, il get my name down. Wouldnt mind trying this out after seeing the postive reviews for the tank.

1. jd210991
2. Razuddin

Another great write up mate seems like a stocker of a tank. Never tried mesh coils so thanks for the chance.

1. jd210991
2. Razuddi
3. wally

Last edited:
Great review mate well done......:2thumbsup:.......
# not - a- entry #
As not in to RTAs at the moment.
Good luck all who enter........

Nice review mate, was watching Mike vapes show the new m3 coil the other day, think after your review I'm gonna have to consider buying one, I've not used a stick coil tank in a fair few years [emoji848]

great review mate - not an entry as got a couple of stock coil tanks but been using RTAs more at the moment. Great giveaway :)

Great review, sounds so so good.Sound too hot for me though so #notanentry- had a quick look at coils for this -

wood pulp, mesh - what the .......it`s the future.....

Back
Top Bottom