What's new

What wire to get higher resistance?

Subohmoctopus

Postman
I currently have 26ga kanthal and NI80 26ga cores 26ga wrap fused clapton wire. My RDA is quite small diameter and I can only fit about 9 wraps on dual coil builds the highest resultant ohms being a 0.34 build.

This 0.34ohm build will really push the limits of my stacked tube series mechanical mod (8.4 potential volts) which will be arriving soon and i dont want to continuously overstress my batteries, this build would draw 26amps from my 30 amp batteries resulting in 200watts produced.

Preferably i would like a wire that can give me the most surface area and work on a dual coil build resulting in around 0.6 or 0.7ohms with 9 x 4mm diameter wraps (on a dual coil build)

I also have a random question to add to all of this, what is the difference between NI80 and NI60 Nichrome wire?

Should i just go with a high gauge nichrome wire?

Thankyou

Try it with one single coil.
Actually, that could save a lot of time now i think about it. I could just wick and fire 1 coil instead of building another whole set so ill try that first and see how it goes before using both. But if i like it ill still need to find a higher resistance wire to build dual coils for the increased surface area that i NEED

0.34ohm build pulls 12.3A at 52w on a single cell mech.
2018-09-03.png
Use the mech in single battery format.

As an aside you do realise RDA style, chamber size as well as surface area of coil all contribute to cloud production, as well as 100% VG juice. It's not purely pumping as many watts as you can through the largest coil you can make.

0.34ohm build pulls 12.3A at 52w on a single cell mech.
View attachment 171530
Use the mech in single battery format.

As an aside you do realise RDA style, chamber size as well as surface area of coil all contribute to cloud production, as well as 100% VG juice. It's not purely pumping as many watts as you can through the largest coil you can make.
I do realize that, im just blissfully ignorant because i can control what coils i make but in order to get those other things id have to spend more money :18:

I do realize that, im just blissfully ignorant because i can control what coils i make but in order to get those other things id have to spend more money :18:
51 watts?!? I havent vaped something at 50 watts for over a year LOL, still, its a good shout. Ill try the single battery with dual coils before trying it with a single coil on stacked batteries

Get to stealth vape and get some 23g brochrome and thank me later [emoji6]
Thanks for the reccomendation bud, ill try my new mech single battery double coil then stacked battery single coil then if im liking the single coil ill pick up some of that brochrome you mentioned and build dual coils

I've got to ask. Why are you so fixated on running at high power ?
Get some brochrome or NI80 flat wire and you can run lower power and save your batteries and get the same effect or better.

Back
Top Bottom