What's new

Review wismec luxotic squonk kit

It's a mod I've not paid much attention to due to it's reported leaking issue, maybe worth a rethink if I see it come up in the sales :)

I have two, like them nice and compact, silver one leaks like a sieve, liquid everywhere and now auto fires, being returned to vendor. The other, black one, is still ok, no problems so far. Would be perfect for the money apart from the obvious leaking/auto firing issues.

I've have three, all very good.
I should quit while I am ahead it seems.

Another failed luxotic here...

It leaked from day 1, which I managed to sort following a guide on YouTube, and has just started to autofire. Seem to be quite a few autofire vids popping up on YouTube now.

Perhaps best avoided, although it was good whilst it lasted [emoji16]

@froggy666uk Sorry to hear that mate, I had one go the same way, just returned it a week ago and was refunded. If you bought it in the UK worth sending it back and ask for a refund, mine was refunded straight away so my guess is that vape shops are well aware of the problem. Pity it was a cracking little squonk mod, well apart from the leaking and auto firing that is.

Another failed luxotic here...

It leaked from day 1, which I managed to sort following a guide on YouTube, and has just started to autofire. Seem to be quite a few autofire vids popping up on YouTube now.

Perhaps best avoided, although it was good whilst it lasted [emoji16]

@froggy666uk Sorry to hear that mate, I had one go the same way, just returned it a week ago and was refunded. If you bought it in the UK worth sending it back and ask for a refund, mine was refunded straight away so my guess is that vape shops are well aware of the problem. Pity it was a cracking little squonk mod, well apart from the leaking and auto firing that is.

mine leaked and the board stopped working altogether... it is a shame because it was a great design overall, I loved it at first. I don't know how they can mess up so badly with something that was so good in every other way.

@Simon G I agree was a great design, nice and compact, fired well, I still have a black one that is working for now although the battery ribbon is damp with juice leakage so not for long I guess.
It's ironic that Wismec's next squonk is advertised with a waterproof chip along with a mod you can shower with....you couldn't make it up.

mine leaked and the board stopped working altogether... it is a shame because it was a great design overall, I loved it at first. I don't know how they can mess up so badly with something that was so good in every other way.
Yeah it's such a shame as it's such a lovely design. Mine was as good as gold but I'm not a point of reference as I only had mine for about a month before I passed it in to a fellow ape.
Squonking and boards really seems to be a problem. I'd like to see more waterproofing like the aegis mods. I suppose that just adds bulk.

@Simon G I agree was a great design, nice and compact, fired well, I still have a black one that is working for now although the battery ribbon is damp with juice leakage so not for long I guess.
It's ironic that Wismec's next squonk is advertised with a waterproof chip along with a mod you can shower with....you couldn't make it up.

I'm using a pulse 80w now, it's nowhere near as nice as the luxotic ... but it's far less messy. :D

I'm using a pulse 80w now, it's nowhere near as nice as the luxotic ... but it's far less messy. :D
The Pulse is a nice mod, I've went a wee bit overboard in a relatively short timescale since getting into to squonking about 4 months ago, apart from the remaining Luxotic I'm using an Asmodus Pumper and a Luna, Hotcig RSQ and two Pico Squeeze which are great value and for out and about. The Luxotic when working is as good as any of them.

Back
Top Bottom