What's new

50/50 vs 70/30?

silk186

Achiever
Most of my juice consists of 70/30 shortfills. Recently I reviewed some 50/50 one-shots. I didn't notice a dramatic difference, but the juice is from a different brand and the flavours are not what I would normally vape. Should I expect a noticeable difference in flavour or wicking?

Do you mix/buy different juices for MTL and DTL or do you think that if you switch between the too 70/30 will work just as well for both setups?

I always mix 50/50 liquid. I used to do 70/30, but so discovered 50/50 is better. Not just with the flavour, but the quality of the vapour is preferable to me.

I only buy/use 50/50 juice in all my tanks, which are MTL. When I tried higher VG many of them struggled to wick it. The flavour is better for low wattage vaping too.

If you had exactly the same liquid apart from the PG/VG ratio I expect you'd notice a difference and no I don't think both work just as well for both set ups.

.... if that's the question.

That is one of the benefits of mtl squonking. I will occasionally use a higher vg juice like little havana (thank goodness its available 50/50 now) or ropecut and the old dripworx tabac gold.
Wicking obviously isn't an issue in the rda but you certainly do notice a lack of throat hit that often forces me to use a higher nic than usual if the juice is low in pg.
As with the others 50/50 is perfect for me.

ready mixed concentrates that just need vg/pg/nic added.

Yeah, that was a brain-fart, I'm doped up on painkillers, can't think straight. I couldn't for the life of me think what they were :25:

Yeah, that was a brain-fart, I'm doped up on painkillers, can't think straight. I couldn't for the life of me think what they were :25:
no worries. im like that every night after meds.

Back
Top Bottom