What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

50/50 vs 70/30?

silk186

Achiever
Most of my juice consists of 70/30 shortfills. Recently I reviewed some 50/50 one-shots. I didn't notice a dramatic difference, but the juice is from a different brand and the flavours are not what I would normally vape. Should I expect a noticeable difference in flavour or wicking?

Do you mix/buy different juices for MTL and DTL or do you think that if you switch between the too 70/30 will work just as well for both setups?

I always mix 50/50 liquid. I used to do 70/30, but so discovered 50/50 is better. Not just with the flavour, but the quality of the vapour is preferable to me.

I only buy/use 50/50 juice in all my tanks, which are MTL. When I tried higher VG many of them struggled to wick it. The flavour is better for low wattage vaping too.

If you had exactly the same liquid apart from the PG/VG ratio I expect you'd notice a difference and no I don't think both work just as well for both set ups.

.... if that's the question.

That is one of the benefits of mtl squonking. I will occasionally use a higher vg juice like little havana (thank goodness its available 50/50 now) or ropecut and the old dripworx tabac gold.
Wicking obviously isn't an issue in the rda but you certainly do notice a lack of throat hit that often forces me to use a higher nic than usual if the juice is low in pg.
As with the others 50/50 is perfect for me.

ready mixed concentrates that just need vg/pg/nic added.

Yeah, that was a brain-fart, I'm doped up on painkillers, can't think straight. I couldn't for the life of me think what they were :25:

Yeah, that was a brain-fart, I'm doped up on painkillers, can't think straight. I couldn't for the life of me think what they were :25:
no worries. im like that every night after meds.

Back
Top Bottom