What's new

POLL How long did it take you to stop smoking?

How long did it take you to stop smoking?

• 1 Day

Votes: 186 48.7%
  • 1 Week

Votes: 61 16.0%
  • 1 Month

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • 3 Months

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • 6 Months or longer

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • I still dual fuel

Votes: 30 7.9%

• Total voters
Bough my eleaf battery got home had my last cig at half 3 in afternoon and not touched one since, not even tempted and that was only 6 weeks ago.

I was 0 days, 0 minutes. It was a split second, random decision. I got up on May 9th, decided on the spur of the moment that I wasn't going to smoke anymore and I haven't touched a roll up since.

It is one of the difficult tasks to quit smoking...According to my own experience, at least 3 months needs to be quit smoking...

I put 1 day. I was doing both for a few months, but that was just to cut down mainly. When I stopped it was just a new year thing really ( and to get peace from the wife who's never smoked). I still think I could try 1 to see how it affects me. I know I shouldn't, and so far I haven't

I was on at least 40 roll ups a day. Been smoking for 30years. Tried a handful of times to stop. In till I had a bad chest. Then went onto vaping. Chest went all clear. Now I only vape. I feel a lot healthier. Breathing is great and don't get out of breath. Got loads more energy. Skin is a lot softer and not so dry. And I smell good to. No more stinky clothes. Best thing I've done . Vape on

I bought Pulse 80 with recurve at around 3 pm and had my last cigarette just before bed, around 7 hours ;)

We got a couple ego/CE4 clearo kits and 24nic 555 juice for my wife and I...that was March 2013. I was very skeptical of vaping but didn't have a smoke the rest of the day....just vape. It was the next morning just vaping and didn't need that smoke when I realized that vaping is going to work. After 35 years pack a day smoking, my wife just over 25 years we both dropped the cig habit overnight. Learnt to rebuild about a month after than then 2 years later began DIY. Few months later researching why my coil tasted so bad, then found there was much better out there inwhich led me into protanks, vaped them a couple years and now subtank mini RBA for the last over 3 years, Began rebuilding PTs and our vape experience was great. Subtank mini since an dthey been so reliable I have had no need for any other atty. Once began DIY then got into kayfuns then subtank mini, we've been riding the wave of a awesome vape experience. Discovery of rayon and clapton coils just added new levels to our vape nirvana.
The latest step to a new level of vape nirvana was 29 gauge kanthal just over 6 months ago. I've been there and done that with subohm so back to higher ohm builds for regular vaping. 29k/34ss clapton, 2.5ID, 5 wraps comes to a nice tootle puffing 1.4Ω. Great cloudz and easy on the batts. Its the perfect middle of a too fat 3.5ID 28 gauge clapton and a weakens quickly 30 gauge clapton since rayon has to be super tight the 30 distorts trying to re wick with rayon. This is using a STM RBA.
Got bout a dozen spools of wire including the 29gauge and finer up to 46 for clapton wraps from the Crazy Wire Company. Giving them a cudos plug for their service in offering free shipping to Canada when I only spent 13 pounds on the wire.

Last edited:
I have to put myself up in the 6 months or longer category...
My first attempts to quit smoking were back in the nineties. Yup, waaay back then. Never really had a problem actually as long as things went fine. Usually after a few weeks or months, I had a really bad and stressful day, lots of smokers around me and it was so damned easy to start again. The more I tried to quit, the harder it became. Patches, gums, whatever didn't do much for me. My addiction was less the nicotine and more that feeling of smoking, having something in my hands and the links to food, coffee, alcohol, ...

In 2011 I purchased my first e-cig... those ones that looked like cigarettes, remember? Not enough vapor production, not enough nicotine and felt more like a gadget than something worthy of a replacement.
In 2012 I tried it again, different brand... disgusting flavors that literally made me sick
2014 I got myself a bit of a larger vape pen from blue. It was OK but still not enough throat hit, nicotine etc to make me quit.
Then in 2016 I stopped buying stuff online and went into a vape shop the very first time. I tried a few devices and juices, just with the intention of dual use as I had given up on ever being able to quit. However, this Aspire MTL device has such great flavor, enough nicotine to give me a buzz so I had no more need for tobacco and before I knew it, I had actually quit smoking.

Quite a long way for me but it was mainly due to the availability and selection of devices and juices. Had I been given a proper ecig in the 90s, I would've quit right then. I don't miss smoking one bit... although I do miss having some herb every now and then lol :D

I bought myself my first pen type electronic device from Totally Wicked 4 years ago. It took me 2 weeks and these were the hardest 2 weeks of my life to stop smoking. Since then i have never looked back and consider my vaping now to be more of a hobby and will never go back to cigarettes. :2thumbsup:

My last cigarette was in June last year that made me sick to my stomach...since then, only vaping but about 2-3 month I was using both started to being disgusted my the cigarettes and starting loving more and more the fantasi e-juice, ruthless slurricane, rutheless ez duz it on ice etc.

Back
Top Bottom