What's new

In praise of the Reload X

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
3E561643-F6D0-4890-B378-BBC19222D726.jpeg

Photo stolen from teh interwebs.

Not a review or anything, just me heaping praise onto an atomiser I liked when it arrived. Loved when I used it. Now adore having lived with it.

Decent packaging, ample spares kit and a quality tool made me smile from the off. Sixty quid makes it fall between the cheap but decent attys and the high end kit, but it’s a price bracket that almost all the decent fancy RDAs used to run out at.

Back in the day, word would spread that suchandsuch RDA would be landing with one of the handful of online vendors. Then it was up to the power of the F5 button to snag one. The modern vape market has its critics, but being able to go online now and simply order something decent is superb.

Blah blah blah build deck. Blah blah blah flavour. Blah blah blah airflow.

Hang on, the airflow is a bit different. And that makes it a bit of a pain at times if the cap isn’t lined up perfectly when you snap it on. Taking in from the side, then down and under turns it into something that’s just my cup of tea. It reduces space inside the cap so the flavour is intensified. Is it adjustable? Who knows? Never bothered to change it.

The deck is easy to build on, the coating on the black version seems like it will survive my gentle hands, and the gold plating helps me remember which poles I need to attach the flying coil leads to.

I have to wait for a couple of days to try it in squonk mode, but I can only see it performing a blinder.

It’s genuinely the best dripper I’ve used, like, ever. I’m just amazed I never see any love being given out for it on the forum. The only downside I’d see with it is if you’re a one for flatwire coils - but then that is common to lots of other drippers.

I was on the verge of grabbing a Basic V1.1 and the new one from Eden - but I’ve decided just to buy a stainless Reload to go with my black one.

Nobody else love this atty?

Reload do seem to have their heads screwed on properly. Only reason I haven't added this to the two rtas and v1.5 rda is that I'm expecting them to come out with some other finishes in a month or so. Opted for a Layer Cake in graphite instead since I'm a shallow tart really.

I'm not in a strop because I'm going back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off, but those look a lot like flat wires in the pic and they look perfect.

And, I recall somebody saying they would never squonk, ever.:58:

I love the X too. Proper well engineered flavour monster.
I’ve got the ‘cake also. Not built it yet so I dunno but looks kinda Goon Lp ish. Which I liked a lot more than most so that ain’t at all bad [emoji2]

I'm not in a strop because I'm going back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off, but those look a lot like flat wires in the pic and they look perfect.

And, I recall somebody saying they would never squonk, ever.:58:

:D

I have no recollection of being anything other than 100% enthusiastic about squonking. Just like I never said those modern 20W mechs were pointless because nobody ever needed more that 15W.

Yep, they do look flattish. I’m guessing it’s one of those camera tricks, they can do incredible things with the photoshops these days.

You can get the flats into anything but some build decks make it easier - like the Layer Cake for example.

Phew. Got out of that one nicely.

I love the X too. Proper well engineered flavour monster.
I’ve got the ‘cake also. Not built it yet so I dunno but looks kinda Goon Lp ish. Which I liked a lot more than most so that ain’t at all bad [emoji2]

How does the LP compare to the 1.5? I've broken my clone 1.5 and Custom Vapes have the LP for £30 which is tempting.

I’ve just bought something called an Ohm Boy something or other and a Tigertek Morphe. I feel all dirty.

I’ve just bought something called an Ohm Boy something or other and a Tigertek Morphe. I feel all dirty.

I've been thinking about that, @burnt fingers turned up to VF on the Sunday with one and it looks good, but the lack of symmetry would play havoc with my OCD.

How does the LP compare to the 1.5? I've broken my clone 1.5 and Custom Vapes have the LP for £30 which is tempting.

With the standard clamps it’s tight in there. Any more than 2.5mm and you’re hitting the top cap with your coils.
The legs also have to be bent at almost a 90 degree angle to get the wicks hanging in the right place. So it’s a faff.

But when it’s right it’s a great DTL flavour atty imo. Just takes a fiddle or three to get it there.

Back
Top Bottom