What's new

What else should I be looking at?

silk186

Achiever
I've tried some MTL kits and didn't find the vape very satisfying. I started to close of the air on my DTL tanks and found that I really enjoyed restricted lung hits. They use less juice and don't cloud up the room. This will become increasingly important for indoor vaping as temps drop. I purchased my first true MTL tank a month or so back, a Dvarw MTL RTA and learnt how to make my own coils. I'm really enjoying it but wonder what else I should try. I was also recommended a Kayfun Prime RTA. I didn't get one before because I was reading that it is more of a PITA to fill than the Dvawr. I have since realised that the Prime is a top fill design. What other tanks should I be looking at? Easy to build, easy to fill MTL to DTL restricted lung hit?

I've tried some MTL kits and didn't find the vape very satisfying. I started to close of the air on my DTL tanks and found that I really enjoyed restricted lung hits. They use less juice and don't cloud up the room. This will become increasingly important for indoor vaping as temps drop. I purchased my first true MTL tank a month or so back, a Dvarw MTL RTA and learnt how to make my own coils. I'm really enjoying it but wonder what else I should try. I was also recommended a Kayfun Prime RTA. I didn't get one before because I was reading that it is more of a PITA to fill than the Dvawr. I have since realised that the Prime is a top fill design. What other tanks should I be looking at? Easy to build, easy to fill MTL to DTL restricted lung hit?
Filling Dvarw vs Kayfun, I think you've got it backwards. Kayfun's JFC is super easy and well working since kf v3 mini. It is MUCH easier to fill KF Prime then Dvarw because you don't have to unscrew the tank from the mod and then unscrew the bottom section. Don't get me wrong - both tanks are in my top5 list but filling is easier on KF. I think you should try KF Prime or get SJMY clone of KFv5 and authentic restrictors (they fit on that version).
I don't believe in tanks doing well in restricted MTL and capable of good restricted DL using just airflow control, so consider tanks where you can change the airflow under the coil using inserts. Savour, Skyline, Tilemahos Eagle...

Filling Dvarw vs Kayfun, I think you've got it backwards. Kayfun's JFC is super easy and well working since kf v3 mini. It is MUCH easier to fill KF Prime then Dvarw because you don't have to unscrew the tank from the mod and then unscrew the bottom section. Don't get me wrong - both tanks are in my top5 list but filling is easier on KF. I think you should try KF Prime or get SJMY clone of KFv5 and authentic restrictors (they fit on that version).
I don't believe in tanks doing well in restricted MTL and capable of good restricted DL using just airflow control, so consider tanks where you can change the airflow under the coil using inserts. Savour, Skyline, Tilemahos Eagle...

But when I fill the dvarw I don’t need to take it off the mod. I just screw the top of the tank off. Just as easy as the prime.

Last edited:
I've tried some MTL kits and didn't find the vape very satisfying. I started to close of the air on my DTL tanks and found that I really enjoyed restricted lung hits.

you might be better off asking this outside of the MTL section? ... I expect most DTL vapers don't read this section.

you might be better off asking this outside of the MTL section? ... I expect most DTL vapers don't read this section.

Not necessarily. I Like a restricted dtl and tend to look in here to see what you guys are using as I think the slightly airier mtl devices are likely to be better suited to my type of vaping than what most dtl vapers are using. Obviously it depends how restricted you like your restricted dtl. I will happily dtl on a single 2mm air hole. For me it is about the airflow and coil resistance that a device performs well at rather than how you inhale that matters in finding the right device and for my restricted dtl on 1ohm coils this is where I would expect interesting devices being discussed.

Oddly enough the middle ground is where many squonk fans sit. Rda wise this is very much the narda's wheelhouse. Good tanks that can offer this are the skyline (the coppervape clone is superb) the kayfun v5 is also excellent (Mrs kid uses one as she's a open mtl/resteicted dtl fan).

Take a look at the Squape E(c). 3 changeable decks and a number of different sized restrictors means it can do open DTL through to very restrictive MTL. Flavour is the best I've tasted from an MTL tank (although admittedly I'm mainly DTL so not tried many). It's extremely impressive so far and ive only just begun to explore what it can do.

Back
Top Bottom