What's new

Review Colonel Boom Big Zero Range

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Alright guys we are back again with another juice review. After reviewing some juice that these guys had a hand in making I was super excited when Leigh over @Colonelboom said he would send some of his creations out for me to review.

These juices were sent out for the purpose of this review. All of the opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's. And remember taste is subjective.

These are 50ml shortfills. They are 70vg30pg and I've topped mine up with some base mix to keep it 0mg. But you can add nic shots if you wish.

Today's review set up is the Double Barrel mod with the mesh pro rda with ni80 mesh coming in at 0.15ohm.

So first up is Peach Ice Tea

The finger taste.

You are getting a nice fresh peach with a hint of tea in the background.

Let's have a vape.

I always thought people who drank ice tea were a bit weird. But if it tastes anything like this I may have to join them. Your still getting the peach mixed with a black tea. There is a hint of sweetness along with a very small touch of cooling.

Sam's super saucy scale

I'm giving this a 8/10

It's fruity, refreshing and nicely sweetened. This could become an ADV for me.

Time for a rewick and I'll be right back.

Next up we have Blue Raspberry Aniseed.

The finger taste.

Here you are getting the blue raspberry with a super nice Aniseed aftertaste.

Let's have a vape.

The only way to describe this one is a little bit of heaven with every lung full. They have go the balance on this just spot on. You get the blue raspberry up front with the Aniseed lurking in behind it which is amazing.

Sam's super saucy scale

I'm giving this 9.5/10

To me this is liquid crack. What more can I say.

Next up is Root Beer.

The finger taste.

This is a hard one to try and identify the individual flavours but I'll tell you something it tastes oh so nice. I can taste the Aniseed but there is more in the background. So let's move on and have a vape.

Let's vape.

Now when I was in the states in my youth I was hooked on root beer but this is another league. It tastes like root beer but better. I can imagine this juice took a lot of late nights to perfect. But the hard work paid off. All the flavours just blend together and work so well together.

Sam's super saucy scale

I'm giving this a 9.7/10
I am just loving this juice. We have a strong contender for juice of the year right here.

Ok so that's the fruity ones looked at now we have 3 that I class as desert flavours. So let's get started.

Cleaned the mesh pro and rewicked

Now we have Blueberry Doughnut.

The finger taste.

You are getting a really good doughnut flavour along with the blueberries. Not much more you can say.

Let's have a vape.

On the Vape both the flavours just seem to mix into each other to give one great all round blueberry doughnut juice. This is up there with the best doughnut flavours I've had before.

Sam's super saucy scale

I'm giving this an 8.5/10

It is mixed well. Both flavours are pretty much equal. Great all round vape.

Rewick and a cup of tea time then the next juice.

Next up we have Passionfruit Cheesecake.

The finger taste.

You are getting the fruityness the creamyness of the cheese cake and the buttery biscuit base.

Let's have a vape

I often find with cheesecake vapes that the base just over powers everything which is a shame. But these guys have nailed it 100%. You get the biscuit base but you are also getting the sweet creamy cheese topping along with the fruit.

Sam's super saucy scale

I'm giving this a 9.8/10

This scored high mainly because you can taste everything rather than just getting slapped in the face by the biscuit base.

Final rewick for the last juice

Last one is Strawberry & Dragonfruit Creme

The finger taste.

On the finger you are getting sone fruity and creme goodness.

Let's have a vape.

This one surprised me a little. The strawberry and Dragonfruit really go well together. With slight creamy undertones. it's very refreshing and nicely sweetened. It is a flavour I would of walked past but I'm really loving it

Sam's super saucy scale

I'm giving this a 8.5/10

This one really surprised me. It's a really nice juicy fruity creamy flavour.

Not managed to do a pic yet but I will get one done in the next couple of days

Here is the link if you want to check it out yourself

www.colonelboom.co.uk

great review as always Sam.
as youve not reviewed it youve got to try the Ambrosia as its a must have.

Great write up Sam, thanks for giving them a try - it's worth noting that these are only the juice of the week specials and not in the main range so are limited to one a week.

Root beer and Strawberry dragonfruit creme are my main ADV's at the minute.

As you pointed out, we tend to go for accurate flavours so where you noted the cheesecake isn't just all base or all filling it's important we get each layer to come through in proportion. It's harder than it sounds but important imho.

You will be getting Ambrosia alongside a number of others when you get the regular Big Zero range so you won't miss out on that one.

Man the root beer is like liquid crack mate. I'm loving it
Really great to hear from people who feel the same way as I do about it. Root beer is such a flavour that has people love or hate but rarely sit on the fence about :D

I wanted it to taste more like A&W from the states which is a bit different to most UK versions but better than all imho.

Really great to hear from people who feel the same way as I do about it. Root beer is such a flavour that has people love or hate but rarely sit on the fence about :D

I wanted it to taste more like A&W from the states which is a bit different to most UK versions but better than all imho.

I've had to hide the bottle. Gone back to blue rass aniseed.

You have done it again Sam another great review well done mate........:2thumbsup:..........

Great write up Sam, thanks for giving them a try - it's worth noting that these are only the juice of the week specials and not in the main range so are limited to one a week.

Root beer and Strawberry dragonfruit creme are my main ADV's at the minute.

As you pointed out, we tend to go for accurate flavours so where you noted the cheesecake isn't just all base or all filling it's important we get each layer to come through in proportion. It's harder than it sounds but important imho.

You will be getting Ambrosia alongside a number of others when you get the regular Big Zero range so you won't miss out on that one.
Nice one bud. Definitely a worthy review. I don't use too many high vg juices as you know but when I do yours are definitely my juice of choice.

Back
Top Bottom