What's new

Do you wash new bottles?

Ah well, you learn something new everyday.
Mind you I don't really care, as I can't swim it's highly unlikely that I will get stung by a jellyfish :)

Damn, when I saw this thread had 75 replies I assumed it had turned into another one of "those" threads. That was a waste of popcorn.

I'm not worried about sterility, but, @Badboybez, in your experience, could there be any chemical contamination from the manufacturing process?

I was a fitter in a plastics factory years ago which made bottles and I can tell you for a fact that the bottles are not cleaned before leaving the factory and there is a residue left on them from the whole manufacturing process. The moulds themselves are always heavily greased before each use.
Whatever company purchases the bottles would have to clean them, if they where not cleaned you would know straight away.
I would definitely recommend cleaning.

@Rickster , urine is sterile at the point you evacuate it. That doesn’t mean I would puff it in a vape. Sterility is overrated.
Technically not true. The point of evacuation has some bacteria like the rest of the skin on the body, which do feck-all harm. Urine can only be called sterile while it's still in the bladder or kidneys. Urine extracted via catheter can be considered sterile.

Back
Top Bottom