Vape Club
What's new

Review Darkstar Fruit Fusion Bottle Shot + Dual Mix Guide

After my previous Darkstar review it's clear my personal bias was mixing my own VG & PG so my nicotine wouldn't affect the mix balance.

This review will feature both mixing methods but will try and keep it simpler to follow, in this review you will find the following:
  • Description
  • Mixing instructions (Easy & Easier methods)
  • Cost per 10ml
  • Flavour Review
  • Conclusion with Pro & Cons
So "It's time for a Juice reviewwww" (said in an annoying Vaping With Vic voice).

As with ALL my reviews I have no affiliation or bias, I have purchased this juice with my own hard earned money, I am a consumer sharing my thoughts, advice and opinions.

BOTTLE SHOT - FRUIT FUSION 250 ML
Manufacturers Product Description & current price:
An intensely refreshing fusion of sweet, ripe, watermelon and a mountain of juicy fruits.
20% Flavour Bottle Shot without Base Mix and Nicotine £13.99 for 250ml and £23.00 for 500ml

https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/bottle-shots/bottle-shot-fruit-fusion

Fruit-Fusion-1.jpg

Here's the description from the bottle label:

Fruit-Fusion-2.jpg

Note the Steep Time! - Described as a 'Shake and Vape'.

I am very sceptical of self mixes with zero steep time so I decided to hold them to their word and do this review straight from mixing, I have also vaped this as my only juice for 2+ days to give it a proper road test to see if it's an 'All Day Vape' - ADV.

But firstly I will cover the 2 mixing methods, if you are familiar with mixing bottle shots you can scroll down to my FLAVOUR REVIEW.

Mixing method No1 - EASIEST METHOD + Costs

Here's all you need for this method:
  1. Bottle Shot 250ml (20% PG Flavour) = £13.99
  2. Base Mix (PG & VG already mixed for you at 'High VG' for close to 70/30 = £6.00 for 500ml or 70/30 if you want to mix at 50/50 = £5 for 500ml (it's cheaper for 1 Ltr if you intend to do a few Bottle Shots)
  3. Nicotine, Darkstar recommends using 100% VG Nicotine = 4 x 18mg 10ml shots which will give you 3mg strength (18 bottle is £16)
Fruit-Fusion-3.jpg

Based on this 3mg mix your total cost is £23.99 but you will have base mix left over to do another couple of bottle shots.
Cost per 10ml = £0.96 but if you take into account the leftover Base Mix it's only £0.83 per 10ml.
(again it's worth mentioning you can get this cost down a fair bit with the more you buy)

MIXING:
This method is so easy! - I remember doing my first mix using this method, very gratifying and stress free no brainer method:
  1. Open the Bottle shot, add your desired nicotine shots (easier to pull of the spout and just pour it in).
  2. Add your base mix up to around 4.5 cm short of the top (see graphic)
  3. Pop the flat top back on and shake the living daylights out of it (more bubbles the better)
That's it - job done!!!

Let the bubbles settle so it goes clear again and it's ready to vape as this flavour requires NO STEEPING.

------------------------------------------

Mixing method No2 - Easy DIY METHOD + Costs

This is my preferred method as I save money by buying bulk PG, VG & Nic Shots plus I always get an exact mix.

Firstly you need to work out what mix you want, I am going to be using 70VG / 30PG for the example mix, I highly recommend using the Steam Engine mixing calculator, very easy to use:
http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html

Here's the results I had for a 3mg nicotine strength:
  • Nicotine base (VG) = 41.67 ml (rounded off to 40ml - 4 x 10ml bottles) = £3.56
  • Flavor 1 (PG) = 50.00 ml Which is your Bottle Shot = £13.00
  • VG = 133.56 ml (rounded off to 135 ml) = £0.27
  • PG = 24.77 ml (rounded off to 25ml) = £0.13
  • Total = 250.00 ml = £16.96
Which works out at £0.68 per 10ml of finished juice (quite a saving)

Here's a photo of what you need:

Fruit-Fusion-4.jpg

MIXING

Unlike the previous method which requires zero measuring, this method needs the PG & VG to be measured using a syringe (or some weigh it, you can find weights on Steam Engine) or mixing beaker.
  1. Open the bottle shot, add you desired VG nicotine shots (4 bottles in this 3mg example)
  2. Add your measured PG
  3. Add your measure VG
  4. Pop the bottle top back on and 'shake it like a polaroid picture' until it's murky with zillions of bubbles.
That's it, still very simple to mix and cheaper, the VG is quite thick so a beaker is easier than a syringe.

Again let the bubbles settle so it goes clear again and it's ready to vape as this flavour requires NO STEEPING.

TIP
I've mixed many bottle shots so I cheat with the VG, I don't measure it but pour it up to the recommended bottle level and tested it against a measured version, saw no difference (see chart below).

fill_line_1.jpg

(Images taken from Darkstar website, usage permission granted)

Nicotine Shots:

It's worth noting if you are a higher nicotine user the VG to PG ratio will be affected so I suggest using mixing method No2 or use a different ratio of Nicotine shots, they are available in:
  • 100% VG
  • 100% PG
  • 50% VG / 50% PG
  • 70% VG / 30% PG
I've recently discovered that there is a nicotine mixing ratio guide if you peel back the outer label (same as the below chart) - great idea!

It's also been suggested that 72mg Nicotine (if you have some) will have little effect on the mix so another good option.

NicShots.jpg

value_chart.jpg

Okay now that's all the mixing out of the way, time to move onto the actual Bottle Shot flavour.

FRUIT FUSION 250ML Bottle Shot 20% PG Flavour Review

As mentioned at the start of this review, this Bottle Shot said zero steep time and ready to go as a Shake 'n' Vape, I have yet to come across any self mix juice that doesn't require of benefit from a steep, I would have normally have left this to steep but since I am reviewing it I thought I would put Darkstars claim to the test.

Filled up my benchmark setup Pico Squeeze & Athena RDA 0.26 Ohms SS316L coil, set in TC mode around 215c and 55 Watts with fresh wick - this has been my best flavour setup so using the exact same for every juice review

I honestly didn't expect this to be ready to vape, took it outdoors for a test and what a pleasant surprise! :)

The flavour was just superb and actually brought a smile to my face, the first ever zero steep self mix to actually deliver the flavour as described, I'm not really a fruit fan as I generally go for dessert flavours, but after the Zolo and now this I am a fruit convert.

I would say it's dominant flavour is Watermelon but not too dominant, there's so many other fruits it kind of reminds me of fruit cocktail and some, I don't know the actual ingredients but I taste so many flavours within it, berries, strawberry, melon, apple but seems so many to distinguish an exact taste, all I know is it's lush.

I have vaped this flavour for over 3 days and nothing else to see if I get bored of it and to give it a proper chance to see if it's an All Day Vape (ADV) or not, I am pleased to say I absolutely love this flavour I've got through almost 70ml already and not bored of it in the slightest, it's sweet juicy flavour isn't too sweet and it's smooth with a nice aftertaste.

Compared to Zolo, I'm torn, both are lush but the Fruit Fusion is more expensive, that said they are different enough to have both on the go and distinctive which is which as the Zolo is more of a Grape Vape, I actually prefer the Fruit Fusion due to it's complex mixture blended perfectly.

Conclusion, Pros & Cons

Conclusion is simple, it's a fantastic Shake & Vape for those that don't like steeping and the taste is sublime, I have tried well over 100 juices and this goes into my top 5, enough for me to order the 500 ml next time, if you are a fruit fan you are sure to enjoy this one, if you are on the fence (like I was) this is worthy of giving it a try.

Standard cliche quote "Taste is subjective"

Pros
  • Zero Steeping time. (and they delivered on that promise)
  • Complex mix of fruits without any being overpowering or too sweet.
  • No bad aftertaste.
  • Smooth.
  • All Day Vape worthy.
  • Easy to mix.
  • Cost per 10ML self mixing is great value.
  • The more you buy the cheaper cost per 10ML

Cons
  • More expensive than a lot of their range.
  • Delivery costs need to be taken into account.
  • High nicotine users need to adjust the nic PG/VG ratio.

Link to product to save you scrolling back up:
https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/bottle-shots/bottle-shot-fruit-fusion

One last piece of advice, Darkstar often have discounts or codes so it's worth stocking up when they do, for example my nic shots only cost £12 for 18 10ml bottles, other savings apply.

That's pretty much it, I know both of my Darkstar reviews have been very positive and sounding like I am plugging them, but I promise you I have zero bias and purchased all my flavours, it's just the way the cookie crumbles that the first 2 that have steeped have been great, I will not hold back any punches if I find a poor flavour.

This has been another looooooooooooong review as it's included the mixing guide, it's different to my previous one so worth a read, eventually I will put a mixing guide into another section and just link it so you just see the basic review.

I hope this review has been helpful, as always comments, revisions etc. appreciated.

Smoore
Great review mate as always well done mate........:2thumbsup:........
Thanks BULLDOG1964 I'm having a good run of luck with my latest Darstar flavours - 2 for 2 so far, waiting for the next to steep, especially dying to try the Cosmix but they are at least another week of steeping left.

I've been super picky on what I choose though, the customer reviews on their site helped.

It was pot luck before and had a couple of duffers which are still sat in my cupboard, I should feed the sink with them really.

AcmeFog
Thanks BULLDOG1964 I'm having a good run of luck with my latest Darstar flavours - 2 for 2 so far, waiting for the next to steep, especially dying to try the Cosmix but they are at least another week of steeping left.

I've been super picky on what I choose though, the customer reviews on their site helped.

It was pot luck before and had a couple of duffers which are still sat in my cupboard, I should feed the sink with them really.
:yourewelcome:mate you have put some good stuff on there to help others with diy makes me feel i want to give it a go myself again as my 1st time at diy was not much of a success so i gave up on it but i may have a go again soon.......

I hear you there! - I bought tons of flavour concentrates to do proper DIY juices but had zero success, even the stand alone flavours.

Pretty much given up 'mixology' so bottle shots are ideal for me.

Royal Flush Vape
Great review mate - good to see now a mixture of reviews - premixed, shortfills and now part DIY flavours coming to light. Sounds like a good flavour in all :)

Cheers mikechristopher

I'm tempted to do some reviewing of my 'dog sick sink fodder' (minging so called premium 10ml juices) for fun.

Taste is subjective so I think a dog that eats turds would enjoy some of them.

AcmeFog
Back
Top Bottom