What's new

Build help

Lorelei89

Postman
Hi, so I'm new to the world of squonking and got a Pico squeeze with wasp nano a few weeks back. Pretty happy with it overall but have tried a fair few different builds and seem to get a decent flavour but more spitting than I can cope with or no spitting but disappointing lack of flavour. So any suggestions for a tried and tested build where I'll get decent flavour and little or no spitting much appreciated. Thanks.

I found more wick minimised spitback on my entheon, which is another single coil atty. :D

Not used the wasp nano for a while but I remember using a flat sixty, 24g coil, 6 wraps with 3mm id and it worked pretty well for flavour, didn't really get any spitback either... Airflow about 1/3 open... Wick it so the cotton is snug fitting inside the coil, not tight but not baggy, also be sure to fluff up the ends of your cotton before you tuck them down in the deck...
Not sure if you know this already but a 510 drip tip with fit straight into the top cap of the wasp nano.. (may also help with less spitback)

Try spacing your coils or you could get some Brochome wire from @ stealthvape thats the wire i use in my wasp..........

The Wasp is a very tricky atty to use very easy to oversquonk or undersquonk, I often drink more juice than I squonk.

But you get used to less is more when squonking juice into it and it's perfect for the Pico Squeeze.

Build wise, a fellow member gave me great advice (sorry I can't remember who but thank you anyway).
Stainless Steel SS316 coil will reduce spitback - He was dead right!
I did an 8 wrap 3mm dia 24g and definitely improved, less spitback and tons of flavour.

But the best RDA for the Pico squeeze was the Hadalay 22mm, plenty of flavour and behaves itself far more than the Wasp Nano.

I also stuck a nice little ultem 510 driptip in the top as I found the topcap was getting a bit warm for my liking.

I've got a nice white clear one in my Fasttech basket GBP £8.41 - ever since I have been using TC mode it's way better, one of my favourite RDA's

Thanks everyone for your replies, some great advice there. I'll take it all on board and give it a go. Appreciate your replies.
Have a great weekend everyone

So this morning's attempt, 6 wraps twisted 28 guage ss spaced 2.5mm i.d and so far so good. Lots of cotton bacon into the well and well fluffed up. So far so good, no spitting and pretty decent flavour.
Thanks everyone for your tips.

Back
Top Bottom