What's new

GV Zeus Dual or OBS Engine 2?

I've been vaping since 2012. I've owned or vaped almost every single atomiser on the market - drippers, RDTA, cartos, gennys, RTAs, subohms - and a shedload of custom ones.

50% of the surface area of the cap of the Engine II is a hole. Any more 'hole' and the thing would fall to pieces. There's so much hole that The Beatles, were they still going, would write a fucking song about it, Courtney Love would name a band after it - and letters would be written to councils demanding they were filled in.

It's as restrictive as a nudist beach, as free-flowing as the Orinoco and as wide-open as Stormy fucking Daniels.

View attachment 166041

My involvement in this ridiculous debate is over.
So is it restrictive or what?

lol love that middle paragraph! I get you, air holes are big, but think its maybe because its only a 510 and top airflow that causes it... its deffo not 'wide open'. I like tanks and drippers i could literally breathe through with no issue. :D

Its all personal pref but I tested it against my Clieto 120 and had to close the Clieto's airflow down just over half to have the same pull as the engine. not saying its not DTL air or anything of course it is, just not as airy as I like and I love it apart from that. the Zeus managed it with top airflow as thats what I essentially swapped it for, but again, that has an 810, so maybe thats the reason :P

I wouldn't describe the Engine 2 as especially airy. Open, yes. Airy, no. But I also wouldn't say it was particularly restricted. Compared to many rdas it is but not compared to *most* rtas. But I can see how some would think it slightly restricted. There are definitely more open rtas out there with a lot more airflow.

Last edited:
I wouldn't describe the Engine 2 as especially airy. Open, yes. Airy, no. But I also wouldn't say it was particularly restricted. Compared to many rdas it is but not compared to *most* rtas. But I can see how some would think it slightly restricted. There are difinitely more open rtas out there with a lot more airflow.

yeah maybe thats the way I should have worded my original statement :P thanks Mitz :D

Personally, for flavour, geekvape zeus dual wins hands down. See my other thread on the obs engine 2. Despite having watched several videos online and trying many useful suggestions from the guys on here, i just couldn't get it to perform, and it wasn't for lack of trying either.

Currently running a 3mm (or marginally larger i guess) 7 wrap single 22g ni80 flapton in the gvz at 52w and it blows the obs out of the water. I tried dual coils initially, but its a bit fiddly and also makes the already sensitive wicking even more of a challenge (see below), so ironically, a single coil large diameter is a doddle to build and wick.

Gv is definitely less restricted than the obs, almost too airy for me unless i dial it back a bit. Obs even full bore is more restricted. Is a tighter draw than my kylin mini also. Probably due to the tiny, somewhat fiddly build deck on the engiine 2, as when wicked there is little room for airflow around the coils.

My crown 3 standard prebuilt coil tank feels more free flowing than the obs too.

Obs wicking and gvz wicking both seem to have little room for error. The obs has no flavour or floods if its not perfectly done, and the gvz dry hits like a mofo if you have too much in (even though if you believe any of the reviews online, you are supposed to be putting enough wick in to poke down slightly into the juice ports), whilst too little and it spits and gurgles terribly Imo, the gvz needs wicking to just about reach the juice hole openings when dry. Prime it, and it should then it should just go into the juice holes. You also absolutely have to thin the ends out, and quite a bit too. On a 3mm coil you almost have to half the wick density at the ends, in my experience. Once right though, its banging.

Overall, the gvz is the easier and quicker to build and wick.

Ive got the bubble glass for the gvz too, and it looks nicer imo, and also holds about 6ml juice.

Honest opinion, if you like flavour, and that takes prioroty over clouds (although, the GVS can chuck out as well), with a free flowing draw, the gvz is what you want. The 510 drip tip adaptor is one of the neater solutions ive seen, and is not as fiddly tomget in and out as the reviews imply, in fact infind it easier to accidentally knock the 510 and this adaptor out, however the 510 included is actually not a bad tip. Ive tried all 3 drip tips included, and decided to stick to the standard fitted 810 as it reduces the overall height. Its not my favourite feeling tip if im honest, buut i think you get used to it after a whole, despite it feeling like youre chugging on a drainpipe initially.

Hope that helps mate.

Last edited:
Personally, for flavour, geekvape zeus dual wins hands down. See my other thread on the obs engine 2. Despite having watched several videos online and trying many useful suggestions from the guys on here, i just couldn't get it to perform, and it wasn't for lack of trying either.

Currently running a 3mm (or marginally larger i guess) 7 wrap single 22g ni80 flapton in the gvz at 52w and it blows the obs out of the water. I tried dual coils initially, but its a bit fiddly and also makes the already sensitive wicking even more of a challenge (see below), so ironically, a single coil large diameter is a doddle to build and wick.

Gv is definitely less restricted than the obs, almost too airy for me unless i dial it back a bit. Obs even full bore is more restricted. Is a tighter draw than my kylin mini also. Probably due to the tiny, somewhat fiddly build deck on the engiine 2, as when wicked there is little room for airflow around the coils.

My crown 3 standard prebuilt coil tank feels more free flowing than the obs too.

Obs wicking and gvz wicking both seem to have little room for error. The obs has no flavour or floods if its not perfectly done, and the gvz dry hits like a mofo if you have too much in (even though if you believe any of the reviews online, you are supposed to be putting enough wick in to poke down slightly into the juice ports), whilst too little and it spits and gurgles terribly Imo, the gvz needs wicking to just about reach the juice hole openings when dry. Prime it, and it should then it should just go into the juice holes. You also absolutely have to thin the ends out, and quite a bit too. On a 3mm coil you almost have to half the wick density at the ends, in my experience. Once right though, its banging.

Overall, the gvz is the easier and quicker to build and wick.

Ive got the bubble glass for the gvz too, and it looks nicer imo, and also holds about 6ml juice.

Honest opinion, if you like flavour, and that takes prioroty over clouds (although, the GVS can chuck out as well), with a free flowing draw, the gvz is what you want. The 510 drip tip adaptor is one of the neater solutions ive seen, and is not as fiddly tomget in and out as the reviews imply, in fact infind it easier to accidentally knock the 510 and this adaptor out, however the 510 included is actually not a bad tip. Ive tried all 3 drip tips included, and decided to stick to the standard fitted 810 as it reduces the overall height. Its not my favourite feeling tip if im honest, buut i think you get used to it after a whole, despite it feeling like youre chugging on a drainpipe initially.

Hope that helps mate.

Yeah I sold my Engine2 as well! Although purely for the restrictiveness. i managed to wick it OK, think one build I did didn't wick quick enough and if you took a couple of quick pulls you got close to a dry hit but apart from that I got great flavour from it. It was just the way the hardware side of the tank vaped that wasn't for me.

the Zeus Dual... I must have got the wicking perfect on first try cause it was awesome, then 2 weeks ago I rebuilt and then ended up rebuilding or rewicking once a day all last week cause like you i was on either side of the fine line. Stuffed slightly too much cotton in and its dry as shit, so just lifted the wicks and cut shorter but a tiny bit too short and it wouldn't stop spitting.

I pulled the whole thing apart at the weekend and instead of my usual dual 3mm i tried 2.5's giving a thinner wick and then thinned out again using a metal coil brush, but you are right needs to be PERFECT but when it is, its awesome! I go between the standard 810 that sort of covers the metal lip and the slightly smaller one that sits on top of it, still cant decide which one I prefer.

I haven't thought about trying one big coil though rather than 2 small, how (if at all) does it affect the flavour? Looking at it it would seem a lot of the air would bypass each side of the coil on a single?

I couldn't get a dual coil to wick properly, but to be fair that was only after 2 attempts - but knowing it can run single, which I prefer anyway as it's less faff, I thought I'd give it a go.

Flavour is spot on. I'd go as far as to say level pegging with my Kylin mini - which for me has been hands down the best flavour tank I've owned; although that tends to leaks like a sieve without warning. It'd be fine for days and a number of refills, then all of a sudden would piss juice out of the bottom air holes.

Unlike other duals that kind run as singles (such as the Pulse 24), with a circa 3mm coil in the GVZ it's fine. THe pulse 24 for example, was definitely a watered (or aired!) down flavour.

Re: wicking. I think the problem is that you always do what you think looks right and what worked last time every time, but sometimes it isn't - and you never seem to be able to remember or replicate what you did! Should probably take pics! lol!

I couldn't get a dual coil to wick properly, but to be fair that was only after 2 attempts - but knowing it can run single, which I prefer anyway as it's less faff, I thought I'd give it a go.

Flavour is spot on. I'd go as far as to say level pegging with my Kylin mini - which for me has been hands down the best flavour tank I've owned; although that tends to leaks like a sieve without warning. It'd be fine for days and a number of refills, then all of a sudden would piss juice out of the bottom air holes.

Unlike other duals that kind run as singles (such as the Pulse 24), with a circa 3mm coil in the GVZ it's fine. THe pulse 24 for example, was definitely a watered (or aired!) down flavour.

Re: wicking. I think the problem is that you always do what you think looks right and what worked last time every time, but sometimes it isn't - and you never seem to be able to remember or replicate what you did! Should probably take pics! lol!

Lol yeah, I think theres such a fine line with this tank that not even picture would help, just practice...

That leaking issue you mentioned above is exactly why I stopped using my Clieto120, amazing flavour, same build for days running perfect then after a refill it would just decide to dump half the tank. hence this thread cause these 2 seemed to be the best 2 RTAs at the moment

Heard the Digiflavour Themis is supposed to be ok.

Frankly, I'm pissed off with keep dropping £25-£30 on tanks that are "supposed" to be great. Anyone else noticed how every youtube review of anything vape related is "wow, this is the best thing ever" - uh huh, better than the one last week that was the best thing ever?

Aside from the Engine 2 debacle, I got a Uwell Crown 3 on the basis the flavour is supposed to be amazing, great build quality, etc. Hmm.....flavour is pretty good to be fair. 3 of the 4 coils I've had in it have pissed juice out for no apparent reason. Top cap threads feel like they've been cut by hand with a hacksaw - rough as a badgers arse. Thank also gets stinking hot to touch after 3-4 drags in close succession....noone mentioned that.

Often wonder if I should start my own youtube channel based on real life experience, not just because I'll keep getting sent freebies if I say nice things.

So now I've found the GVZ to be pretty damn good, I'm sticking with that. I had a 22mm Ammit for ages, and that was a good little tank (still got it, just don't use it as much as my vaping style has moved on), hence I decided to try Geekvape's offerings again.

Back
Top Bottom