What's new

Explaining TC

Zutankhamun

Initiate
I vape mechs and 28 kanthal specifically. I use tanks and have no desire to start tc myself.

Can somebody explain the ins & outs for me though, properly.

How does cdr work when your running @ 0.15 for example.

Because of a gradual decline of cdr in the high drain batteries now, how do you work with such low res? I personally leave a little room for this and a possible error.

Tl;dr I’d like to understand how tc works

tc atm .. will just stop the coil from burning your wick .. set the temp 440f or around there for cotton .. and it wont go over it ...
now evolve are bringing something new out soon .. set your mod the way you want it to taste then press the replay button and it will fire the same every time ..cool :)

Thanks flearider. I’ve used it before (once) and understand slightly.
My interest is how do you work out what batteries to use, cdr, pulse (which I never use and don’t recommend)?

I’m just not quite sure how it works.
It must work on the pulse, or if you use an rta with great wicking, surely you can hold the button for an extended period and go well over the safe rating for that battery.

I don’t understand it much.

Last edited:
This isn't a mech, so you need to think about things slightly differently.

Mooch explains things about regulated mods and batteries beginning at about 7:55 in. Hope this help a bit.

Thanks flearider. I’ve used it before (once) and understand slightly.
My interest is how do you work out what batteries to use, cdr, pulse (which I never use and don’t recommend)?

I’m just not quite sure how it works.
It must work on the pulse, or if you use an rta with great wicking, surely you can hold the button for an extended period and go well over the safe rating for that battery.

I don’t understand it much.
The mods are regulated, this means that no matter what the resistance you use they will never exceed a preset maximum input current,

I know this is a bit of a late entry to this thread but I thought I'd throw in a bit of info
The reason you can run such low res coils in TC is due to the way the system works. Temp control works by way of using the heating wires TCR (temperature coefficient of resistance). The best TC wires have a linear (or close to) TCR. As resistance usually increases as the temperature increases, the mod can then use this info to determine the temperature of the coil by comparing it's 'in use' resistance to its steady state (cold) resistance. Because the mod can 'read' the temperature of the coil it is able to restrict the power to the coil to keep it at it's set temperature. For this reason TC coils can be built to thermal runaway inducing low resistances and not pose a risk to battery safety,

Hope that's if help

Back
Top Bottom